The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, downundermike said:

Most players say they understand it's a business, but then fail to realize that there's a finite amount of money to go around and start moaning when things don't always work out.

Just now, Scalamania said:

AJ Brown is such a diva - it’s difficult to root for someone who ******* all the time. 

I'm fine with it, he's just ignorant. I'm glad he likes his teammates.  It's better than him being mad at the teammates around him.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the Eagles wanted to create cap space for signings, I said his and Lanes contract are the only ones to restructure.

He has to be a post June 1 cut, or the Eagles only save 3 million and leave 22 million dead.

If it is post June 1, the Eagles can not spend that cap until June 1.

You said Slay wasn’t going anywhere. Let’s not be coy. Sometimes we don’t know everything.  

Yes, you did say those things. I brought up June 1st though. I know you pride yourself on this stuff so I’m not trying to ruffle you but clearly there are professionals that get paid a lot of money to deal with it that know way more than me and you. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

You said Slay wasn’t going anywhere. Let’s not be coy. Sometimes we don’t know everything.  

Yes, you did say those things. I brought up June 1st though. I know you pride yourself on this stuff so I’m not trying to ruffle you but clearly there are professionals that get paid a lot of money to deal with it that know way more than me and you. 

In essence I did say that, but my point was if the Eagles wanted spendable cap space today, they had to restructure him.

This move does not even help the Eagles get under the cap for the start of the league year, they have to restructure Lane before the league year starts.