The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, ninjapirate said:

No way on earth wentz is humble enough a person to back up his former back up who is glowing

If you think about it though. With all his recent failures he might be ready to play the life of a 10 year+ backup qb while he just sits back, drinks non-alcoholic beverages and reads hunting magazines on the bench.

Just now, Daimonas said:

If you think about it though. With all his recent failures he might be ready to play the life of a 10 year+ backup qb while he just sits back, drinks non-alcoholic beverages and reads hunting magazines on the bench.

yeah but can he do that here? I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No way on earth wentz is humble enough a person to back up his former back up who is glowing

Under no circumstances should Howie Roseman even be entertaining the GD notion of bringing him back. 

WTF would you want the circus?

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I fully understand the angles, and know what a June 1 cut is.  Eagles need cap space for the signings they have made already, and Lane's restructure will barely cover those.

June 1 release of Slay does nothing for fitting Bradberry, Penny and Scott under the cap, and does nothing in their pursuit of CJGJ.

If you knew you had every angle, you wouldn’t have posted what you did. I’m not trying to give you crap or call you out, just saying you seemingly don’t have the answers to be as confident as you come across. I’m sure you know more than most any common fan. But the hubris is out. The post had nothing to do with money initially. To me, writing was on the wall. If JB was back, Slay better watch out, he’s expendable now. You said he wasn’t going anywhere. And here we are. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

If you knew you had every angle, you wouldn’t have posted what you did. I’m not trying to give you crap or call you out, just saying you seemingly don’t have the answers to be as confident as you come across. I’m sure you know more than most any common fan. But the hubris is out. The post had nothing to do with money initially. To me, writing was on the wall. If JB was back, Slay better watch out, he’s expendable now. You said he wasn’t going anywhere. And here we are. 

At this point, the type of release is all just speculation, and the Eagles could be trying to drum up last minute interest in a June 1st trade.