The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Any interest in Zach Cunningham, Denzel Perryman, Anthony Walker, Yannick Ngakoue, Frank Clark, Chris Wormley, Dawaune Smoot, Ashawn Robinson, Rasheed Green, Matt Ioannidis, Andrew Van Ginkel, Taylor Rapp, John Johnson, Mecole Hardman? I list these guys because I have varying levels of interest in them and they all graded at least fairly well per PFF and all are 30 or younger.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

On 3/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, Jroc04 said:

He’s probably wanting CB money. He’ll come down to his senses eventually. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, Shalodeep said:

That's what I'm thinking. He marketed himself as a hybrid and reality came as a shock 

He specifically wanted to transition to safety because they make more than nickel CBs.

What he didnt realize is that he wasnt getting top safety money. He didnt have a top safety season. And in his first season playing the position, he suffered a severe injury requiring hospitalization.  What team wants to commit to a long term, elite contract with that player?

Now hes probably weighing offers from some teams that still want him to be a nickel. And can probably be paid pretty well. But he might want to still be a safety to try to land that long term safety deal. His best bet is taking a 1 year deal. He needs to prove himself. And, he can see if the safety market is paying better next year.

7 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I don't want to switch to a 3-4 either. If I'm remembering correctly Graham and Cox didn't adjust that well to it. Also like you said about Davis. Plus other issues

We already played 3-4 last year. The Bill Davis version had the line 2 gapping which didnt suit Cox well. Gannon's allowed them to rush the passer much more. Cox was fine rushing the passer. As fine as he can be, at his age with declining talent.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Any interest in Zach Cunningham, Denzel Perryman, Anthony Walker, Yannick Ngakoue, Frank Clark, Chris Wormley, Dawaune Smoot, Ashawn Robinson, Rasheed Green, Matt Ioannidis, Andrew Van Ginkel, Taylor Rapp, John Johnson, Mecole Hardman? I list these guys because I have varying levels of interest in them and they all graded at least fairly well per PFF and all are 30 or younger.

Smoot would be an interesting one if he is cheap. He seems to have some rush ability.

Cunningham is on my dwindling list of LBs, but still farther down. Top guy right now (other than Wagner pipe dream) is Deion Jones.

Not interested in Ngakoue because I think theres no chance hes cheap enough. Also weird that he cant stick on a team more than a year or 2. The DE they should sign for a year or 2 is Leonard Floyd. Hes been durable as hell, and is a top 10 sack artist over the last 3 years.  Would be a great piece of the rotation.

At WR, Im prefer Chark. Likely too expensive. Next option is Hollins. Broke out and seems to be a better player than Quez. Also great value on STs. 

Definitely want to bring Mills back. Surprisingly, by pretty much every statistical measure, he was better in his year at Safety in Philly than Epps was last year. And every bit as good as Gardner-Johnson actually. Not even saying I want him as a starter. But he backs up 3 positions. S/CB/Nickel. Very vaulable piece. Excellent locker room guy as well.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Smoot would be an interesting one if he is cheap. He seems to have some rush ability.

Cunningham is on my dwindling list of LBs, but still farther down. Top guy right now (other than Wagner pipe dream) is Deion Jones.

Not interested in Ngakoue because I think theres no chance hes cheap enough. Also weird that he cant stick on a team more than a year or 2. The DE they should sign for a year or 2 is Leonard Floyd. Hes been durable as hell, and is a top 10 sack artist over the last 3 years.  Would be a great piece of the rotation.

At WR, Im prefer Chark. Likely too expensive. Next option is Hollins. Broke out and seems to be a better player than Quez. Also great value on STs. 

Definitely want to bring Mills back. Surprisingly, by pretty much every statistical measure, he was better in his year at Safety in Philly than Epps was last year. And every bit as good as Gardner-Johnson actually. Not even saying I want him as a starter. But he backs up 3 positions. S/CB/Nickel. Very vaulable piece. Excellent locker room guy as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Mills a cheap deal to come in and try to win the 3rd safety job. I would like to add these players: CJGJ, Ioannidis, Mills and one of the veteran LBs (Perryman, Cunningham, Jones, Wagner[probably not in the cards]). I'm not super familiar with how some of the remaining LBs have played recently but they need to add at least one competent vet to the LB corps then probably further address it in the draft. One thing I'm curious about is what their plan is at RG. Is it sliding Jurgens over or do they want to add a vet or a premium draft pick to replace Seumalo? Also, why hasn't Seumalo signed anywhere yet?

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Isaac finally signed, 3 year deal to the other side of the state.

You posted this as I was typing. I was curious where Seumalo would end up. Are their more contract details available? I wonder what kind of comp pick this could net us.

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

You posted this as I was typing. I was curious where Seumalo would end up. Are their more contract details available? I wonder what kind of comp pick this could net us.

If not tonight, probably tomorrow morning 

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We already played 3-4 last year. The Bill Davis version had the line 2 gapping which didnt suit Cox well. Gannon's allowed them to rush the passer much more. Cox was fine rushing the passer. As fine as he can be, at his age with declining talent.

It must look like it's not even a 3-4. I'm talking chip Kelly type defense.

"Eagles under defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon aren’t playing the traditional 4-3 scheme they’ve employed for nearly all of Roseman’s tenure as general manager, save for a few seasons under former coach Chip Kelly.

Even the 3-4 scheme Kelly integrated briefly during his time presiding over the team isn’t Gannon’s cup of tea.

In Gannon’s first year, the Eagles played multiple fronts, including a 5-2 base and 5-1 nickel that brought a linebacker onto the line of scrimmage as an extra defender, a tactic that redefined the Eagles strong-side linebacker role in a way not seen since Buddy Ryan’s heyday." - From not your father's time defense 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

For those who care about such things.

Still waiting on the Slay, Bradberry, Mariotta and Williams deals.

Currently, the Eagles have used 31.3 million of 2025 cap space doing these restructured deals ( Cox, Graham and Kelce ) and added ZERO players to the 2025 roster.