The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

21 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd assume they're moving him because his contract sucks. I don't think I'd even entertain trading a 7th for him at this point. 

We don't need a guy like Ced Wilson, who probably runs a 4.6 at this point, to "upgrade" Quez.

We need a guy that runs fast and gets open 4 times a game. Basically we need D Jax. Or just a fast guy that will actually catch a ball in traffic and work back to the ball on mid and short throws instead of just standing there. 

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We don't need a guy like Ced Wilson, who probably runs a 4.6 at this point, to "upgrade" Quez.

We need a guy that runs fast and gets open 4 times a game. Basically we need D Jax. Or just a fast guy that will actually catch a ball in traffic and work back to the ball on mid and short throws instead of just standing there. 

We need a guy whose actually a slot WR and can get open underneath regularly. We don't need a deep threat whatsoever imo. Smith and AJ can both take the top off the defense. Quez can do the same even if he is inconsistent at actually making the catch. Goedert is our only real possession player right now and the only guy in our offense who can really make plays starting inside the hashes. It's why I think getting JSN is perfect for our offense... another great route runner who has size and knows how to win with leverage in the slot. On third down we would have so many options it would be disgusting. Absolute matchup nightmares across the board for opposing DC's.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We need a guy whose actually a slot WR and can get open underneath regularly. We don't need a deep threat whatsoever imo. Smith and AJ can both take the top off the defense. Quez can do the same even if he is inconsistent at actually making the catch. Goedert is our only real possession player right now and the only guy in our offense who can really make plays starting inside the hashes. It's why I think getting JSN is perfect for our offense... another great route runner who has size and knows how to win with leverage in the slot. On third down we would have so many options it would be disgusting. Absolute matchup nightmares across the board for opposing DC's.

I am all aboard taking JSN at 10 - I don't think Howie will do it because drafting a WR in the first round three out of the last four years is a questionable decision but I 100% support it. 

40 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We need a guy whose actually a slot WR and can get open underneath regularly.

No we don't. We don't need a guy who gets open 10 times a game when he's only going to get 4 targets behind AJ/DeVo/Goedert.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

No we don't. We don't need a guy who gets open 10 times a game when he's only going to get 4 targets behind AJ/DeVo/Goedert.

We absolutely need an upgrade in the Slot and not just a burner. We need a reliable possession WR who can make catches between the numbers. Quez isn't getting the job done there as we all saw numerous different times last season. If we go into the year hoping Quez figured out how to catch the football we are in for a lot more drops and mishaps.

Adding speed is fine but we need to add a guy who can make the catches when he is targeted. JSN is literally perfect even if it is overkill.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I am all aboard taking JSN at 10 - I don't think Howie will do it because drafting a WR in the first round three out of the last four years is a questionable decision but I 100% support it. 

I agree it is very unlikely.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He is not worth the 10th overall selection.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

No prospect ranking is facts; they're all based on someone opinions, that what makes the draft and the whole scouting process fun. 

Well, I agree with those rankings, and he is also the 3rd best WR in this class.

Eagles have to many needs to use #10 on a luxury pick.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, I agree with those rankings, and he is also the 3rd best WR in this class.

Eagles have to many needs to use #10 on a luxury pick.

I would argue he’s first but you’re right, and like I said above we’re not taking a WR at 10. 

• Like 1