The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

is this true? If so holy crap

The picks, yeah right now looking like that.

Cap room I suppose could be true. But also kind of a no duh thing. If you restructure 5 of your 6 highest paid guys and kick their money into the future it’ll open up a decent chunk of space.

Mailata and AJ Brown will need reworked, both making a ton next year.

Reddick and Josh Sweat are are on schedule to have a combined $38mil cap hit, which shows you why they are probably going to try and land a pass rusher in the top 100.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Cap room I suppose could be true. But also kind of a no duh thing. If you restructure 5 of your 6 highest paid guys and kick their money into the future it’ll open up a decent chunk of space.

Reddick and Josh Sweat are are on schedule to have a combined $38mil cap hit, which shows you why they are probably going to try and land a pass rusher in the top 100.

Are you saying you think Sweat and/or Reddick are not long for the team? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Well they all deserve it so not really sure how that could sound like a no duh. 

It shows the same thing going forward for years. 

Just was asking because people complained about the cap space and dead cap. Seems like he should be praised by the entire fan base if this is even true.. not just most

Next years free agents are insane also. Looks like Howie had his real eye on the prize

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Well they all deserve it so not really sure how that could sound like a no duh. 

It shows the same thing going forward for years. 

Just was asking because people complained about the cap space and dead cap. Seems like he should be praised by the entire fan base if this is even true.. not just most

Next years free agents are insane also. Looks like Howie had his real eye on the prize

No duh as in if you totally change the nature of something it’s going to be different than the current reality.

Yeah almost all of them are guys the’ll want to rework anyways. But what kind of decrease they’d each take remains to be seen. But yeah best case they could go wild in 2024 with all that.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

No duh as in if you totally change the nature of something it’s going to be different than the current reality.

Yeah almost all of them are guys the’ll want to rework anyways. But what kind of decrease they’d each take remains to be seen. But yeah best case they could go wild in 2024 with all that.

Well it's Howie so he'll get them to someway somehow. 

Can't wait for this time next year then. Howie with huge pockets is gonna be a beautiful thing to watch

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Are you saying you think Sweat and/or Reddick are not long for the team? 

Saying paying both when Jalen is amongst the high paid QBs is a high ask, especially with Sweat who will always have the knee stuff hanging over him.

Ultimately it probably boils down to this draft and how that guy looks. But could see them moving Sweat and handing the reins over to then second year guy and/or sign a stop gap guy for a year for $8-10 mil less.

Though I think both would be amenable to a rework.

45 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Well it's Howie so he'll get them to someway somehow. 

Can't wait for this time next year then. Howie with huge pockets is gonna be a beautiful thing to watch

For sure, in my head the original tweet was more “oMG wow”, which is why I was like no duh, kinda the game as a GM/cap guy.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

For sure, in my head the original tweet was more “oMG wow”, which is why I was like no duh, kinda the game as a GM/cap guy.

It's all good. 

His break down in that same tweet thread explained everything even more too if anyone cares to read about it. Didn't wanna post like 15 tweets lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Say we trade down to 15-19 range. Myles Murphy and Lukas Van Ness are both still on the board. Who do you prefer? 

(Jeezla already said he doesn't like Murphy IIRC)

I have Murphy ranked slightly higher so Murphy. I wouldn't cry about either tho. 

Really want another position but as long as the draft falls in our favor I'm on board then for DE

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh