The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

What do you guys think is the delay on getting a Jalen Hurts contract extension done ??

The team cap situation, Hurts and his representatives waiting to see what other QB's get ??

Howie realizing Hurts isn't worth 40 plus mil

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Howie realizing Hurts isn't worth 40 plus mil

Seems odd to not get it done ASAP, before others get their deals.

Has to be a hold up on 2025 money with the cap situation Howie has created, or Hurts want's the full bag, regardless of what he says.

I wouldn’t want to commit anything to Lamar. If I’m the ravens, keep franchise tagging him and make him prove he can stay healthy for a full year. I would wager a lot that he can’t, and his price will drop even further. They can only do this for three years I believe, but I think not committing to him long term until he can prove he’s worth it is the way to go.

As such, waiting for Lamar’s situation to work out is foolish 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

All of these quarterbacks due for big paydays are waiting to see what happens with Lamar - I wouldn't anticipate any extensions for the QBs to be done anytime soon. 

I think Burrow will set the market and he’d be wise to wait.  The teams should be in a hurry. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I think Burrow will set the market and he’d be wise to wait.  The teams should be in a hurry. 

They're all wise to wait; if Lamar somehow comes out with a fully guaranteed contract that is going to majorly impact those QBs up for extension. 

11 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I wouldn’t want to commit anything to Lamar. If I’m the ravens, keep franchise tagging him and make him prove he can stay healthy for a full year. I would wager a lot that he can’t, and his price will drop even further. They can only do this for three years I believe, but I think not committing to him long term until he can prove he’s worth it is the way to go.

As such, waiting for Lamar’s situation to work out is foolish 

I think they're waiting to see what happens with Lamar's guarantees and they're all wise to do so; the money for them isn't going anywhere so there's no reason to rush into a deal when there's something pending that could majorly impact them. 

Which seems like after the draft will be the turning point for Lamar, once teams no longer have to use this years draft capital to trade for him… the market should increase. Any team that doesn’t have a QB by then will probably take a look. Indy, Washington. Places like New England that need an upgrade.

The NFL banned certain poison pilling, but you can still set it up in a way where the Ravens are kinda forced to take the trade.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

They're all wise to wait; if Lamar somehow comes out with a fully guaranteed contract that is going to majorly impact those QBs up for extension. 

Yeah.  I was indicating that it would be wise for the Eagles to get it done ASAP before Burrow.  Players shouldn’t be in a hurry.  The Lamar thing is just odd.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Which seems like after the draft will be the turning point for Lamar, once teams no longer have to use this years draft capital to trade for him… the market should increase. Any team that doesn’t have a QB by then will probably take a look. Indy, Washington. Places like New England that need an upgrade.

The NFL banned certain poison pilling, but you can still set it up in a way where the Ravens are kinda forced to take the trade.

Who was the big poison pill guy? Hutchinson?

Greg Cossel really seems to like Nick Morrow and likes Edmunds as a starting safety with certain responsibilities. Was nice to hear him say good things about each of them. If you've ever listened to Greg before, he's not exactly one to hold punches.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Greg Cossel really seems to like Nick Morrow and likes Edmunds as a starting safety with certain responsibilities. Was nice to hear him say good things about each of them. If you've ever listened to Greg before, he's not exactly one to hold punches.

I'll check it out in a lil. 

I really dig both signings. I really like what Howie's done this off season. Back to the wall and still got us some high upside guys on low contracts. 

• Like 1