The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

21 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

So would you rather have Carter at 10 or Kancey at 30

Carter at 10. I got the yips on him then I watched his tape again and forgot all about it.

Still scared of the bust potential, but the kids a stud and has crazy potential.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Carter at 10. I got the yips on him then I watched his tape again and forgot all about it.

Still scared of the bust potential, but the kids a stud and has crazy potential.

I need to watch more highlights of him. Sometimes he shows some truly freakish power. The motor not always being there and being out of shape are huge red flags for me.

24 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I need to watch more highlights of him. Sometimes he shows some truly freakish power. The motor not always being there and being out of shape are huge red flags for me.

The motor issues thing has been said about a lot of guys.

More worried than before, but if we get him I’d be fairly confident in it working. Unless he’s like super off the rails and flames out, think the locker room will correct some of that stuff.

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The motor issues thing has been said about a lot of guys.

More worried than before, but if we get him I’d be fairly confident in it working. Unless he’s like super off the rails and flames out, think the locker room will correct some of that stuff.

I just can’t get past him driving (likely drunk) at 100 mph and then allegedly driving away after his teammate wrapped their SUV around a pole. And it was reported in the Atlanta Journal Constitution they were leaving a strip club and heading for Waffle House. If that doesn’t scream I’m too drunk to make good decisions, I don’t know what does. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Howie probably takes Paris Johnson at 10

Is it possible? Yes, but I doubt it. Given the nature of the Lane deal that was just signed, I don't see Howie drafting a guy at #10 overall knowing he's going to sit at least 2, maybe 3 years, maybe have one year before getting paid a big contract.

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I just can’t get past him driving (likely drunk) at 100 mph and then allegedly driving away after his teammate wrapped their SUV around a pole. And it was reported in the Atlanta Journal Constitution they were leaving a strip club and heading for Waffle House. If that doesn’t scream I’m too drunk to make good decisions, I don’t know what does. 

It doesn’t change things that much, but that fact that it was a regular issue with a lot of players kinda took a little bit of the sting of it.

Still not good, but not a lone thing

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Is it possible? Yes, but I doubt it. Given the nature of the Lane deal that was just signed, I don't see Howie drafting a guy at #10 overall knowing he's going to sit at least 2, maybe 3 years, maybe have one year before getting paid a big contract.

Question is has Kelce said “this is it” because if you know this is his last year then taking like Skoronski who can play RG or OT can make sense in a year you are trying to get back to the Super Bowl. OL depth isn’t at its highest.

Not necessarily advocating 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Even moreso than the off the field stuff, the poor showing at the combine for Carter. The only instance where that worked out I can recall is Orlando Brown Jr.

What was worse was it was a pro day, where you are supposed to look good.

Another news item that snuck in, aside from just adding Zero / 0, Punters and kickers have new parameters.

0-49, 90-99

I’m sure most teams won’t give them numbers in the 90s as that will for the most part be DL (especially now that linebackers can wear pretty much whatever).

But we probably saw our last eagles Punter in a single digit with Siposs. Jake Elliot will hold down #4 for awhile. But suspect most of those guys across the league will slowly get pushed down into the dregs of the 30s or into the 40s. Where they can either stay, unless it’s their first camp, in which they could pop up for one after they make the team.

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I saw a video of him getting pulled over for the same thing in the summer.  Obviously he didn’t learn.  

• Like 1