The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

25 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

download an adblocker. Do it on your phone and computer. You are welcome.

Which one do you recommend? Seeing bad reviews on some of the popular ones?

I'm rebooting and restarting the app, more times then I can actually post these days. Infuriating!

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Still looking for the source I used when I posted this, will keep looking.

There's not a link? I'm curious what qualifies as a FB now a days. They certainly were a team from behind center but the FB thing is insane since he was never on the field and got cut. Maybe it's like 4th because no one else in the league used any fbs besides a handful of teams

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

39 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Was just a matter of time but the NFC just got easier, officially. 

Crazy to think there is like only 3 good teams in the entire NFC in the eagles, 9ers, and dallas. I'm sure one or two will emerge after the draft tho.

23 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Crazy to think there is like only 3 good teams in the entire NFC in the eagles, 9ers, and dallas. I'm sure one or two will emerge after the draft tho.

I think the Seahawks have the foundation, and the draft capital to easily be top 5 in the NFC.

4 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Some other team will emerge. There is way to much Parity in the NFL including injury to think the NFC is only a 3 dog race!

Yes the FQB in the AFC compared to the NFC is ridiculous. However let's not pretend those same QB, aren't the reason why those teams are viewed as "stronger" then most NFC teams. 

AFC for now is just loaded at QB. NFL runs in cycles. Wasn't to long ago the NFC had

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson an even Ryan being mentioned as Top 10 QB in the NFL.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Good team? Dallas? 

Are you here from the past? If so, I have some stuff to catch you up on…..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

A bit steep for Rodgers. Seems like they just were impatient. 

But yeah, nice to make the NFC even easier.

I think it's fine if Rodgers plays 2 years, but if he just plays 1 year and then calls it, that's too much (unless they win the SB).

Not sure if the NFC is easier. The Packers weren't gonna be good even with Rodgers, imo. Their OL can't stay healthy, their WR's are still too inexperienced, and Aaron Jones probably declines a little bit (turns 29 in DEC). They also got nobody worth mentioning at TE. I'm sure they'll draft a guy there, but that'll just be another inexperienced target for their QB in a system that's heavily dependent on timing. Packers O with Rodgers was probably mid tier at best. Jets O with Rodgers...That I need to see, but certainly a weapons upgrade for Aaron. Jets OL is dog crap though. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think it's fine if Rodgers plays 2 years, but if he just plays 1 year and then calls it, that's too much (unless they win the SB).

Not sure if the NFC is easier. The Packers weren't gonna be good even with Rodgers, imo. Their OL can't stay healthy, their WR's are still too inexperienced, and Aaron Jones probably declines a little bit (turns 29 in DEC). They also got nobody worth mentioning at TE. I'm sure they'll draft a guy there, but that'll just be another inexperienced target for their QB in a system that's heavily dependent on timing. Packers O with Rodgers was probably mid tier at best. Jets O with Rodgers...That I need to see, but certainly a weapons upgrade for Aaron. Jets OL is dog crap though. 

Yeah if they even get to the AFC championship game its a hell of an accomplishment.
But yeah like two year rental is a bit steep. Maybe they think they have a window, but I dont really see a wide one with the rest of the conference. Suppose you gotta try though.

Losing the random HoF performance youd get from Rodgers is a plus, but I agree the NFC didn't lose a great contender. Grading on a curve though theyd be in competition at least.

Pre-draft, do you think think this looks like the probable seeding?

1. Eagles
  2. Niners
  3. Lions
  4. NFC South King of the Heap
  5. Cowboys
  6. Seahawks
  7. Giants

Twitter is buzzing and some sports books have moved the odds of Levis going #1 to 4/1.

That would be interesting, and good for the Eagles. The Texans then have a decision on #2, and could get a haul for that pick with Stroud and Young on the board, and the Cardinals may then be inclined to also trade back.

About what I expected from this deal.

2024 cap hit will be north of 40 million

2025 cap hit will be north of 42 million

2026 cap hit will be north of 50 million

Breer seems to be indicating the options for 2025 and 2026 will kick in the 3rd day of the previous league year, so there is no out.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if they even get to the AFC championship game its a hell of an accomplishment.
But yeah like two year rental is a bit steep. Maybe they think they have a window, but I dont really see a wide one with the rest of the conference. Suppose you gotta try though.

Losing the random HoF performance youd get from Rodgers is a plus, but I agree the NFC didn't lose a great contender. Grading on a curve though theyd be in competition at least.

Pre-draft, do you think think this looks like the probable seeding?

1. Eagles
  2. Niners
  3. Lions
  4. NFC South King of the Heap
  5. Cowboys
  6. Seahawks
  7. Giants

No idea who wins the NFCN