The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I don't buy Gannon not giving it his all or wanting to win the SB. You add that to your resume, AZ is paying more money when hired as the new HC!

Do I believe he might not of been devastated like the rest of the staff knowing he was leaving, absolutely. 

However this wouldn't be the 1st OC/DC that was getting hired before the SB was even played. That said, 🖕 Gannon!

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This bum will be fired in a couple years and his next stop at DC I guarantee he will not have the talent he had here. He won't be anything above a positional coach in 5 years.

Of all the jobs he could've gone to. The Cards was more than any other leaving him DoA. Hope he fails. Hope Steichen shines.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m not a big fan of retiring numbers except for maybe a select few. Withholding numbers you aren’t gonna retire is even more dumb.

Yes, it’s very dumb. Honestly I’d love them to just unretire them all and just be discerning in who gets some of them. 

They probably aren’t handing out #12 this year with the Throwbacks coming back. Getting Cunningham to be part of it. I think being able to sell Randall merch is part of the reason it’s been shadow retired. 

Went to see Ray Diddy’s play and he was talking afterwards, with seemingly some knowledge of it, that they might retire #25 for Tommy McDonald AND Shady. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Numbers shouldn't be retired except for extremely rare circumstances imo.

I love Foles as much as anyone.... but 9 should not be retired.

Yeah, I know there’s bias of not watching a lot of them. But to me I’d probably go #20 & #60 and that’s it. Maybe #15.

Dawk and Bednarik are the two Hall of Famers who stamped themselves onto what the culture of the team is with the city/fans. 

Steve van Buren leading us to two championships and being the only time we had THE guy in the nfl on offense probably has the next best case.

I was too young to really watch Reggie but sharing him, he seemed like he chose the Packers as his top team. His and Jerome’s deaths both seemed to make them make a rash decision to retire 92 and 99. Maybe that’s off base for some of you older guys.

Unretire them and put something on the jersey to signify them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Went to see Ray Diddy’s play and he was talking afterwards, with seemingly some knowledge of it, that they might retire #25 for Tommy McDonald AND Shady. 

Interesting. I love Shady… I mean look at my username, but I don’t think 25 should be retired. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Interesting. I love Shady… I mean look at my username, but I don’t think 25 should be retired. 

If they did it I’d tell myself it was for Tommy ha. But yeah I think team success and how they are as a person kinda goes into it. And Shady’s always been kind of an off putting guy. 

His chapter of the Eagles is ok to omit, which is kinda how I think of it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m not a big fan of retiring numbers except for maybe a select few. Withholding numbers you aren’t gonna retire is even more dumb.

I like retiring numbers. But it has to be like the peak players. Only dudes who make the Hall of Fame and played for a long time on the team IMO. Dawkins yes, McNabb no.

And withholding numbers I'm completely there with you.

• Like 1