The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Without the dead cap, you don't 22 players and you can be a competitive every year instead of cycling 

I totally get what you're saying. But our GM is Howie and it's gonna continue till he's no longer here. 

Ofc we'd all like to not have any dead cap but you can't argue his results of the teams he's assembled throughout these years. 

We got 1 ring and another trip. He's gonna bring us back to another. I believe

15 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We didn't have much money last year if I remember correctly. He assembled a dream team in the end. Didn't workout ofc but doesn't change the fact of what he's capable of

Yes. We threw everything we had at this season. It was special no doubt. It will be the biggest what if year on this side of the 2000s. I couldn't of been more happy to have been wrong. I wouldn't be saying ish right now if it paid off. It didn't and now it puts us in a real precarious situation 

Edited by Shalodeep

12 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I totally get what you're saying. But our GM is Howie and it's gonna continue till he's no longer here. 

Ofc we'd all like to not have any dead cap but you can't argue his results of the teams he's assembled throughout these years. 

We got 1 ring and another trip. He's gonna bring us back to another. I believe

Wish I had your faith sir. Either way, love I can have this conversation without the name calling and stuff

9 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Yes. We threw everything we had at this season. It was special no doubt. It will be the biggest what if year on this side of the 2000s. I couldn't of been more happy to have been wrong. I wouldn't be saying ish right now if it paid off. It didn't and now it puts us in a real precarious situation 

Probably Hurts best shot to win a title, and he missed.

3 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Gannon missed.  Hurts and the offense was fine.  I don’t put it on Hurts.  But he’s make a great lead RB behind our new FB in Mailata.  

I wouldn't put it on him, but how many times have you heard me talk about second half scoring was gonna catch up and bite them eventually.  I specifically referenced the Chiefs, and at some point you are just gonna have to outscore a team in the second half to win.

KC could have gone 4 straight TD's in the second half.

Eagles went FG, Punt, TD and end of game.

They had a 10 point lead to start the second half, once KC scored a TD, you know you need a TD, not a FG.

Once KC takes the lead, you know you have to score, and need to score a TD not punt.

If you keep putting KC down by 10, they can not win the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man the pessimism in here is out of control and nothing has even happened yet lmao get a grip y'all. Holy ****

It took me this long to even want to talk football after the SB.  I see a decent team next year but definitely a step back.  10 wins.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man the pessimism in here is out of control and nothing has even happened yet lmao get a grip y'all. Holy ****

It's the dead period where everyone panics and freaks out. To be expected.  You should be use to this by now EBD, I am. 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That job-like faith in Howie is making me sick. 

All that dead camp and stuff you are discussing is why Howie sucks at adding to teams and is so good at quick rebuilds. 

Thank you.

If you don't have the dead cap issue last year, and knew it was an issue this year, you can sign Bradberry to a multi year deal.  You can sign CJGJ to a new deal right after you trade for him.

His MO of dead cap and 1 year mercenaries is not a recipe for sustained success.

• Like 1