"Big Bronco Name" on trade block?

Broncofan

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Am I missing something with Courtland? We would take a $25.5m dead cap hit if we traded him with only $18.2m cap saving, thus a net loss in cap space of $7.3m.

We aren't paying $7.3m to have him off the roster unless we get absolutely blown away by a trade offer (that isn't happening).

I feel the same as others with Bolles. He wasn't good when healthy last year, but this team has too many holes to go and create another. He's a seasoned pro that has at least shown he belongs in the league. His cap hit is the 11th most at LT next year, which is hardly alarming.

Don’t think so - the cap hit is $25m if we cut him. Trading him shifts the base salary - cuts the dead money to $11m and gives a saving of $7m on the cap.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Am I missing something with Courtland? We would take a $25.5m dead cap hit if we traded him with only $18.2m cap saving, thus a net loss in cap space of $7.3m.

We aren't paying $7.3m to have him off the roster unless we get absolutely blown away by a trade offer (that isn't happening).

I feel the same as others with Bolles. He wasn't good when healthy last year, but this team has too many holes to go and create another. He's a seasoned pro that has at least shown he belongs in the league. His cap hit is the 11th most at LT next year, which is hardly alarming.

Sutton I agree, there's virtually no reason to trade him. I'm not sure I see the logic in trading Bolles either but I guess if you're blown away by an offer you take it given his age/contract situation.

Honestly, I'd look at trading Jeudy if you can get the return. Seems most feasible. Doesn't mean I think we should but he's most likely to fetch the most attractive return.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Sutton I agree, there's virtually no reason to trade him. I'm not sure I see the logic in trading Bolles either but I guess if you're blown away by an offer you take it given his age/contract situation.

Honestly, I'd look at trading Jeudy if you can get the return. Seems most feasible. Doesn't mean I think we should but he's most likely to fetch the most attractive return.

Actually, the entire FO approach is starting to border on insanity. 1) we take our premium picks and trade them away for a HC and QB. 2) then we take our premium players and trade them away for picks

Purge our coaching ranks every year and blame everyone but the FO/GM for our declining performance.

2 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Don’t think so - the cap hit is $25m if we cut him. Trading him shifts the base salary - cuts the dead money to $11m and gives a saving of $7m on the cap.

That’s what I see on OTC too. Maybe they’re wrong but they are usually pretty good about this stuff. Trading Sutton is very doable if that’s what they want to do.

I'd hate to see Sutton go.  Jeudy is still on the rise, and I think the duo of him and Sutton when they are both healthy and on the field together is too good.  And if you can throw Patrick and Hamler in the  mix of this WR, then it's a stellar group.  Alas, if you it naps us a top quality Olineman, then it's a consideration since Patrick is just as good as Sutton.