"Big Bronco Name" on trade block?

Broncofan

I seriously have no idea who this guy is, but Renck, Allbright & others have confirmed as much:

Renck's mention gives this a ton of credibility.

TBH, the name that makes the most sense - Courtland Sutton.

1.   Paid a fair amount of $ to be the #2 guy, and that's what he is now.

2.  Tim Patrick, while he will not be the same year 1 post ACL, will be a natural fit to take over Sutton's role.

3.   The FA WR market is terrible - so he'd be attractive.

Sutton wouldn't get a first, but a day 2 pick is pretty forecastable.  And we could use it.

Bolles would be far out there, given we don't have any T depth.   He'd get a 1st, though.   

For those that guess Dre'mont - he can't be traded until he signs a franchise tag.   So that's automatically excluding him for now.

If I were to guess, my $ is on Sutton.

23 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

I mean is there truly a reason to "hold" 😄 Bollesy? Could he potentially be as good as the ONE really good season he had? Yes...it's possible but could you imagine if we were able to swing a 1st rounder for him? I'd take that instantly.

I think it’s all about the return.  If you can get a 1st - then yes, you have to consider it.    At that age & 2 years left of control it’s likely the last year you can get that kind of return.  

But if it’s for less - we don’t even have a RT we feel good about, let alone 2 T’s.    Maybe there are guys they have targeted in FA but it’s not obvious.  

It would make zero sense to trade Bolles. He’s under team control for two more years, to his age 33 season. His injury is one that he should be able to recover from 100% (unlike Javonte’s shredded knee). And OL is our biggest weakness by a mile, why trade him, and create another hole on that until. If you trade him and get a 1st you almost certainly have to turn around and use that 1st on a LT who would have to start and play at a high level from day 1. 

Troy has been on the explore a trade of Sutton for a while now and I would wager quite a bit he is the one being shopped. It makes a lot more sense. 

Update: Troy reiterates what Stevens said, Bolles isn’t the one being considered to be shipped out. I’d put a lot more stock in Troy than I would in Allbright.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Am I missing something with Courtland? We would take a $25.5m dead cap hit if we traded him with only $18.2m cap saving, thus a net loss in cap space of $7.3m.

We aren't paying $7.3m to have him off the roster unless we get absolutely blown away by a trade offer (that isn't happening).

I feel the same as others with Bolles. He wasn't good when healthy last year, but this team has too many holes to go and create another. He's a seasoned pro that has at least shown he belongs in the league. His cap hit is the 11th most at LT next year, which is hardly alarming.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 4