Top 5 Underrated/Overrated

Scoundrel

Underrated 5:
Andrei Iosivas, WR Princeton
Joe Tippman, C Wisconsin
Dwayne McBride, RB UAB / Keaton Mitchell, RB East Carolina
Jordan Battle, S Alabama
Lukas Van Ness, DL Iowa (this may or may not, some have him 10-20 overall; some 2-3 round)

Overrated 5:
Quentin Johnston, WR TCU
Will Levis, QB Kentucky
Kelee Ringo, CB Georgia
Andre Carter, EDGE Army
Andrew Vorhees, G USC

• Like 2

Underrated 5:

John Michael Schmitz - I would go as far to say he's the best center prospect in years, huge all-round game
Clark Phillips III - Not big in a long class, but so twitchy and sticky - has ball-skills too. The ideal slot corner. 
Steve Avila - Hands like vices, he's got those death grips
Nolan Smith - Heavy rotation at Georgia hurt his stock this year, but one of the few rushers who can actually bend an edge - big-time leader in that program too
Emmanuel Forbes - Long and fluid, always bet on a player who can take the ball away on defense

Overrated 5:

Myles Murphy - Regularly see this guy going in the top 10 and I just don't see any elite traits. Coasting in on his high school reputation. 
Lukas Van Ness - Swear to God people have only seen two highlights with this dude
Siaki Ika - Weary of dudes whose main upside is 'he moves well for a big guy'
Quentin Johnston - Wait til he blows up the combine at his height. Whilst size is a skill, a big boundary body catcher who doesn't play with advanced technique frightens me to death
Anton Harrison - Gets overpowered too often, can't redirect. Don't like him at all. 

• Like 4

Over:

1. Quentin Johnston WR (mid 2nd round grade)

2. Anton Harrison OT (late 2nd-3rd round grade)

3. Andre Carter DE (3rd round grade)

4. Darnell Wright OT (3rd round grade)

5. Tuli Tuipulotu DE (3rd/4th round grade)

HM: This entire draft class, sans CB/RB/C

Under:

1. Ochaun Mathis DE (2nd round grade)

2. Roschon Johnson RB (2nd round grade)

3. Grant Gibson C (2nd round grade)

4. Max Melton CB (late 1st round grade)

5. Kyu Blu Kelly CB (1st round grade)

HM: Nolan Smith DE (top 15 grade)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I’m with you aside from Bijan. Why are you so low on him? 

Not exactly low on him; I think he's gonna be good and productive in the league. But I just don't see the transcendent all-time prospect like people are making him out to be. He has an abundance of good in his game, I don't see a lot of GREAT that pops off the screen. I wouldn't take him round 1 (partially because I'll never take a RB round 1, but regardless). I'd rather have Jahmyr Gibbs.

• Like 1

Under:
RB Abanikanda
OG Jon Gaines
OC Stromberg
Edge BJ Thompson
DT Stills (should have come out last year)

Over:
DE Murphy
DE Wilson
DE Van Ness
QB Levis
QB Richardson

Honorable mention for under - Matt Bergeron
Honorable mention for over- Calijah Kancey (I see him mostly abuse OG's that play too upright)

Edited by Jeezla

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Underrated 5:

John Michael Schmitz - I would go as far to say he's the best center prospect in years, huge all-round game
Clark Phillips III - Not big in a long class, but so twitchy and sticky - has ball-skills too. The ideal slot corner. 
Steve Avila - Hands like vices, he's got those death grips
Nolan Smith - Heavy rotation at Georgia hurt his stock this year, but one of the few rushers who can actually bend an edge - big-time leader in that program too
Emmanuel Forbes - Long and fluid, always bet on a player who can take the ball away on defense

Overrated 5:

Myles Murphy - Regularly see this guy going in the top 10 and I just don't see any elite traits. Coasting in on his high school reputation. 
Lukas Van Ness - Swear to God people have only seen two highlights with this dude
Siaki Ika - Weary of dudes whose main upside is 'he moves well for a big guy'
Quentin Johnston - Wait til he blows up the combine at his height. Whilst size is a skill, a big boundary body catcher who doesn't play with advanced technique frightens me to death
Anton Harrison - Gets overpowered too often, can't redirect. Don't like him at all. 

Forbes is my CB3 if he runs 4.4's, after Witherspoon and Gonzalez.

Anton Harrison might be Andre Dillard. I like his feet a lot and he's got some bendiness, but no pop in the hands or mean streak. If you could combine the top half power of Wanya Morris with Anton's lower half, you'd have a really good OT prospect.

Edited by Jeezla

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I am referring to the fact I just gave him to you at 2.3...

Oh you edited.  I was waiting and just never saw new comments.

Johnston is highly unlikely,  never take Big 12 WR’s early.  And I don’t like his build/demeanor.  

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 2

Overrated:

1. Will Levis: With the tape he’s put up this season, he’s a day 3 guy.

2. Pete Skoronski: I really don’t see what people like about him at all. He looks like, fine. Definitely not in the conversation to be a top 3 pick at OT.

3. Brian Branch: The two games of his I watched (Texas and Tennessee) showed him to be soft and slow to react. Don’t see it.

4. Keion White: Hard to tell if he’s really rated that high or not, but he doesn’t look like a first rounder to me.

5. Brian Bresee: I think there are a lot of DLs better than him in this class.

HM: Dawand Jones: some of this hype is getting out of hand, but he should be a borderline first.

Underrated:

1. Cedric Tillman: Should be in first round conversation. Brings everything you want in a big receiver, including great tape against elite DBs.

2. Anton Harrison: One of ny favorite OLs in this class. Biggest mauler in the group, and no slouch in pass blocking. My OT2.

3. Zacch Pickens: A very good interior DL who looks to have a dream build for the position and uses that length better than any other DLs I’ve watched.

4. Chris Rodriguez: Being slept on hard. Powerful back that will be someone’s bell cow fir years, though he may not bring a lot in the passing game, he’s being slid into like the seventh round.

5. Jaxson Kirkland: Probably the single most underrated prospect in this class imo off the top of my head. I have him as one of the top IOLs and he can potentially play all five positions.