Week 13 GameDay Thread: Texans (4-6) vs Titans (7-4)

KingTitan

35 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

I was trying to figure out why did we design plays to throw deep balls to Decker?  Taylor is clearly the better option.

And why the Hell do we keep scratching Jalston Fowler from the roster?  He's a big help in our power running. 

We couldn't give Cory Davis at least one of those throws?  True enough Decker should have had 2 OPI's on those passes, but man....Have to think Davis would be a better option there.

So I was surfing through Reddit and the jags forum just to see what the fans were saying today and boy they think we're trash. They pretty much think there no doubt better then us and think there team is 2nd best in afc. 

There saying we keep getting lucky against these trash teams, that they're going to spank us week 17 and how they would love to see there defense play the patriots offense because there so good. 

What im confused about is how that fan base thinks there downright better then us? Yea we barely got by some trash teams but they lost to gabbert and the cardinals last week and not to mention  we beat them pretty good week 2 . Usually I don't let things bother me like this but I'm utterly confused at that fan base. Truth is they have a good defense but it's also a defense we litnup fairly easy at there place .  And after they lose to Seattle this week we will be up a game and a half . Go Titans 

29 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

So I was surfing through Reddit and the jags forum just to see what the fans were saying today and boy they think we're trash. They pretty much think there no doubt better then us and think there team is 2nd best in afc. 

There saying we keep getting lucky against these trash teams, that they're going to spank us week 17 and how they would love to see there defense play the patriots offense because there so good. 

What im confused about is how that fan base thinks there downright better then us? Yea we barely got by some trash teams but they lost to gabbert and the cardinals last week and not to mention  we beat them pretty good week 2 . Usually I don't let things bother me like this but I'm utterly confused at that fan base. Truth is they have a good defense but it's also a defense we litnup fairly easy at there place .  And after they lose to Seattle this week we will be up a game and a half . Go Titans 

Guess we will see who really is better week 17

3-1 vs teams with winning records so far so I wouldn't say that is so bad. That is almost half of our wins. With 2 more games vs teams with winning records on the schedule still too so figure we could face 6 teams with a winning record by the end of the year and teams like the Raiders and Bengals could end up with half of our games vs teams with a winning record so I'm not going to buy into that junk. Fact of the matter is, ugly or not, this team is still winning football games and getting the home crowd into these games. Hopefully that will help us out if we get that home playoff game and they come in loud and ready to come out on top.

2 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I'll say it again because I think it's worth repeating.  For us to be downgraded for beating "bad" teams, what bout the Jags?  They have the same exact schedule as us minus the Jets and Chargers.
Yes they beat the Steelers in week 5. But we beat the Jags pretty decisively in week 2. I know Jags fans like to say they are a different team than they were then..well So are the Steelers. If they were to play the Steelers now in Pittsburgh, do they think they'd get the same results?

They got beat by the Jets. They should have lost to Chargers, if they didn't get bailed out by some bad calls.
I know they have a defense that is good. However, they have played some bad QB's too and they have benefited from it. I'm not going to call them a bad team because they aren't.  They balance out to be an average team.  Good defense.....fair offense.  Average to good team. 
Same as us.  Average to good team.   If we are trash, they are trash right with us then. 
Don't let these fickle NFL analyst blow up the heads claiming they are some once in a lifetime defense.

I’ll say this the Stadium didn’t seem full when they should certain shots on TV yesterday but when Henry capped of that 75 Yard TD run that stadium sounded loud. If the stadium isn’t sold out the next 2 games and maybe 3 games there is a problem down there. I’m happy we won now time to go out West and see if this team can pull off a couple of big wins. Next week is big the Seahawks are on a roll they can definitely go into Jacksonville and win but the Titans have to go out and beat Blaine Gabbert. We should not lose to Gabbert. Logan Ryan on Larry Fitzgerald worries me I’ll stop expecting our best CB on their best WR but the Titans should be able to go in there in win this game 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’ll say this the Stadium didn’t seem full when they should certain shots on TV yesterday but when Henry capped of that 75 Yard TD run that stadium sounded loud. If the stadium isn’t sold out the next 2 games and maybe 3 games there is a problem down there. I’m happy we won now time to go out West and see if this team can pull off a couple of big wins. Next week is big the Seahawks are on a roll they can definitely go into Jacksonville and win but the Titans have to go out and beat Blaine Gabbert. We should not lose to Gabbert. Logan Ryan on Larry Fitzgerald worries me I’ll stop expecting our best CB on their best WR but the Titans should be able to go in there in win this game 

It wasn't full. But it was loud. It's not just a problem down here, it's a league wide thing. People aren't going to the games like they used too.
Fatigue, off-field bickering. All play a part. It's not just a Nashville thing.  If you look on Snapchat and see the fan experience you will see fans sitting around empty seats. I looked at the Saints game on Snapchat and some fans were sitting on rows by themselves.

Fans are what they are here. Same other places too.  Unless it's a prime time game or a playoff game, I don't think we will ever see the stadium with standing room only, in the NFL as a whole.  Even when we played the Steelers there were a lot of empty seats there too.

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It wasn't full. But it was loud. It's not just a problem down here, it's a league wide thing. People aren't going to the games like they used too.
Fatigue, off-field bickering. All play a part. It's not just a Nashville thing.  If you look on Snapchat and see the fan experience you will see fans sitting around empty seats. I looked at the Saints game on Snapchat and some fans were sitting on rows by themselves.

Fans are what they are here. Same other places too.  Unless it's a prime time game or a playoff game, I don't think we will ever see the stadium with standing room only, in the NFL as a whole.  Even when we played the Steelers there were a lot of empty seats there too.

Good stuff here I honestly don’t notice the other good teams fan bases but if the stadium can still get loud then I’m happy. I do hope for the next 3 potential we start to get some more fans in the building though especially that potential 3rd game im talking about 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So you’re pretty much guaranteeing a win over Arizona? 

Yea I think we beat Cardinals 27-13 or something like that. Our defense will keep them out of the end zone for the most part and I think our offense does enough to win the game. We could lose but we're a better team then the jags so we won't lol.. ha

Archived