Manchester United Thread - Fred's a Red

UKTexans

Pretty much every commentator thinks our transfer dealings aren't finished. Only moves I can see potentially:

• Martial loaned out - I hate the idea, but Jose just doesn't rate him and I feel game time at a top European club (a replacement for Dembele at Dortmund?) would really help his development. 
  • One or two new FBs - Jose again has made no secret of his distaste for Luke Shaw so it would be no surprise to see us bring in someone like Fabinho. Although his is primarily a RB, like we saw with Azpi at Chelsea he could probably adapt. I love me some Valencia, but he'll never be a true FB. 
  • Winger - With Martial potentially on his way out we would only have a couple of recognised wingers (sorry Ashley but your race is run) plus Rashford.

35 minutes ago, kempus said:

I think Rose is definitely a target. But, will be hard to buy. I still think Shaw and cash makes a whole lot of sense for everyone. Unless we buy, Sessegnon. Then we don't need Shaw.

I'd hate if we do that deal. On form Shaw is as good as Rose. Whatever bee Jose has in his bonnet over Shaw he needs to get over it. 

42 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'd hate if we do that deal. On form Shaw is as good as Rose. Whatever bee Jose has in his bonnet over Shaw he needs to get over it. 

Shaw has the potential to be as good as Rose, but he isn't currently. Rose was fantastic, before he got injured.

14 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Shaw was too, before he broke his leg. And he's only 22.

It was almost 2 years ago that he broke his leg. Like I said, he has the potential to be better than Rose, but currently, Rose is quite a lot better.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

It was almost 2 years ago that he broke his leg. Like I said, he has the potential to be better than Rose, but currently, Rose is quite a lot better.

You're probably right. Still doesn't add up to Shaw + cash, not from a United fans view at least. 

13 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

You're probably right. Still doesn't add up to Shaw + cash, not from a United fans view at least. 

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be a good deal, but it's probably what it would take. Unless Spurs take the 50 million and have someone else in mind as a LB.

Think it will be a comfortable win for us today.

So happy Darmain isn't playing left back. Until Shaw is fit I'd keep Blind there. All the talk about buying a left back is unecessary to me as Luke Shaw is a great player when healthy.

Id still want a winger to play on the right. For me I think we are too slow with Mata out wide.