John Fox is still employed

G08

Just now, Nads786 said:

Why not? Nobody thought Trestman AND Emery were going to be fired but they both were. I think Fox is a goner by end of season.

I believe beat writers and other people, not that clown on DBB. He's just an alcoholic that happens to be buddy buddy with Adam Jahns.

Not a fan of the Fox hire. I kept hearing that he would bring professionalism and stability to the locker room. Nice, but the game is played on the field and not in the locker room. Jordon punched teammates in the face in practice and still managed to win 6 championships with a bloody nose locker room.

As far as the team chemistry goes, I try to discount individual incidents, but when Cooper showboated going into the end zone against the Steelers and fumbled away a sure touchdown I thought it threw some serious water on the idea of Fox's ability of instilling professionalism on the team. How the heck is it professional for a DB to showboat away a TD for a team (and coach) that was standing at 9 - 25 over the last 3 seasons and win-less in 2017 coming into the game.

Now add in a MUCH larger incident of the Bears' looking unprepared and unfocused for the Green Bay game and I think the locker room argument is moot. The only locker room scenario that counts is the locker room with champagne and corks on the floor after winning a championship.

I think Fox is a team builder... we had so many cancers and issues with our roster during the Emery/Trestman era that a very green Ryan Pace probably wouldn't have known where to start with a novice head coach.

By all accounts, Fox has created a better culture and I am of the opinion Pace has acquired some talent/building blocks.

Question is: who is going to be that offensive mind that he will tie to Trubisky as well as continue to build this offense? Who is going to come in and run our 3-4 defense? We have legit pieces at 5T, NT, OLB, and FS. SS is looking good, ILB is hit or miss depending on how Trevathan is doing... corners are a question mark as well so we still have some work to do.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot stand John Fox.

How many "no shows" do we need to watch before we realize that this guy does not prepare the team to play disciplined football.

It's a little concerning that there were that many no shows at a Bears Packers game with the Bears coming out of the bye at 3-5.   

This can't sit well with ownership and somebody's going to pay the price for it.  I'll be extremely shocked if Fox is brought back next season.

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot stand John Fox.

How many "no shows" do we need to watch before we realize that this guy does not prepare the team to play disciplined football.

I was telling buddies during the game that the team looked flat. Not the first time I've said that under this regime.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot stand John Fox.

You don’t think he’s a dead man walking already? Losing more games the next 7 weeks is a means to an end at this point. 

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

You don’t think he’s a dead man walking already? Losing more games the next 7 weeks is a means to an end at this point. 

This is precisely why the Bears are going to win this game. Because Bears.

10 hours ago, G08 said:

I think Fox is a team builder... we had so many cancers and issues with our roster during the Emery/Trestman era that a very green Ryan Pace probably wouldn't have known where to start with a novice head coach.

By all accounts, Fox has created a better culture and I am of the opinion Pace has acquired some talent/building blocks.

Question is: who is going to be that offensive mind that he will tie to Trubisky as well as continue to build this offense? Who is going to come in and run our 3-4 defense? We have legit pieces at 5T, NT, OLB, and FS. SS is looking good, ILB is hit or miss depending on how Trevathan is doing... corners are a question mark as well so we still have some work to do.

Starting from what we had, I just don't see that being much of an accomplishment. We had a bunch of butthurt grown men turn on a coach after their beloved Lovie was fired and the few talented players on the roster were old and underwhelming. Pace got rid of the (overly aged) fat so to say, and brought in the players who were meant to be leaders (Hicks, Freeman, DT, Sitton, etc). I'm of the opinion that Fox doesn't have the best rep for players, especially after seeing both Carolina and Denver thrive once he was out (but by no means am I saying his firing was the only reason for improvement). I believe that is at least part of the reason the big fish in FA have turned away from us, not just because Pace didn't overspend.

Also I just don't see Pace being lost in the process, even in the beginning. He has been working with the NO front office for years and seeing how the GM makes choices and delegates, I'm sure he had spent a great deal of time agreeing or disagreeing with those decisions. Having a vet likely had to help, but getting someone like McVay to develop and raise an offense's abilities likely help a lot more.

16 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I am not 100% sure he is done.

Although I think this Green Bay loss was a huge blow for him.

I will really lose faith in Ryan Pace if Fox is back.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:03 AM, WindyCity said:

"Trubisky lined up in the shotgun on nearly 98 percent of his dropbacks in college. Since he took over as starter, the Bears have lined up with Trubisky under center on a league-high 63 percent of his snaps."

"Clay Matthews wasn’t surprised they were able to sack the Trubisky five times. “That’s what you expect to do when a team is so one-dimensional,” he said, a shot seemingly meant more for the Bears coaching staff than for the rookie quarterback. Chicago’s overreliance on the run makes them predictable: Since Week 5, the team has run the ball 83 times on first down compared with throwing just 35 times"

The article finishes with a mention of the Bears'  "Goff"ing Trubisky this season like FORMER Rams head coach Fischer did last season.

It's pretty clear to me that it's either Fox or Trubisky as it's becoming clearer every game that Fox would rather finish 7-9 with a stunted and heavily sacked Trubisky than 5-11 with Trubisky making more mistakes in a big boy NFL offense.

Fox or Trubisky? How damn hard can this be to Pace to see?

4 hours ago, 51to54 said:

"Trubisky lined up in the shotgun on nearly 98 percent of his dropbacks in college. Since he took over as starter, the Bears have lined up with Trubisky under center on a league-high 63 percent of his snaps."

Newton, Mariota, Prescott, etc all had successful rookie campaigns in large part for one reason - intelligent coaching. All ran offenses that involved schemes they ran in college, utilizing what they had done in college to ease their transition. Houston was doing that with Watson and he was playing very well. We do nothing of the sort. We put Trubisky in long 3rd downs, barely utilize his athleticism, and do not involve major parts of our few talented skill players (Cohen at all, Shaheen as a receiving threat, etc).

I understand we aren't going to revolutionize anything, but this is blatant incompetence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived