John Fox is still employed

G08

On the subject of Fox though, I really don’t think it matters when he’s fired. Enough players are still playing hard enough to let him just set this thing down for a gentle landing week 17.

Yeah, maybe the playcalling “opens up” if Fox is canned now, but the scheme wouldn’t change, the playcaller wouldn’t change, the receivers wouldn’t change, and (most importantly) the QB teaching Monday through Saturday wouldn’t change.

Is letting Loggains call an “open” game for a few weeks going to make that significant of a difference long-term, or is this just about fans wanting heads to roll because they’re done with Fox? I really think it’s the latter.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

On the subject of Fox though, I really don’t think it matters when he’s fired. Enough players are still playing hard enough to let him just set this thing down for a gentle landing week 17.

Yeah, maybe the playcalling “opens up” if Fox is canned now, but the scheme wouldn’t change, the playcaller wouldn’t change, the receivers wouldn’t change, and (most importantly) the QB teaching Monday through Saturday wouldn’t change.

Is letting Loggains call an “open” game for a few weeks going to make that significant of a difference long-term, or is this just about fans wanting heads to roll because they’re done with Fox? I really think it’s the latter.

Except the bolded might. When Glennon was the QB the first four games it was a completely different game plan.  So it might change it might not change but at least for the rest of the season it can't get that much worse.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Me too. Does canning Fox today really change anything this week or in the next 4 weeks? Probably not. Loggains won’t magically become Bill Walsh and our WRs won’t magically become Rice and Taylor. We won’t magically get healthier. This is an offseason fix.

That said, if Fox is fired 1/1 Pace should be ready to have his candidate of choice in here by 1/2. He should already be vetting his candidates and starting discussions with agents. We won’t ever hear about it because we shouldn’t hear about it, but if he’s doing his job he should be ready to interview HIS guy the minute Fox gets his pink slip. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Duplicate thread is a duplicate thread, deputy mocker.

There is nothing duplicate about them.

One is anout Pace getting a pass for 3 years ago and the other is about how John Fox has not been fired. Literally he subjects of the sentences are different.

And I am no ones deputy.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If your going to be bad, at least he entertainingly explosive and bad.

Fox is no different than Trestman. He just got rid of the serious head cases (Marshall, Bennett etc).

Losing destroys all locker rooms.

Exactly. That locker room in DEN was Manning's, and between the defense and Manning there was a winning culture formed. Fox wassn't the architect, he was a benefactor.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is nothing duplicate about them.

One is anout Pace getting a pass for 3 years ago and the other is about how John Fox has not been fired. Literally he subjects of the sentences are different.

And I am no ones deputy.

Not trying to speak for anyone here, but I think he means this one and the John Fox Swan Song thread, Windy. Not the Pace was forced to take Fox thread. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Except the bolded might. When Glennon was the QB the first four games it was a completely different game plan.  So it might change it might not change but at least for the rest of the season it can't get that much worse.

The play selection could change (like you said, it did from Glennon to Trubisky), but the playbook and core concepts that were installed back in the spring can’t be changed at this point.

Just now, Rogerthat said:

So Mitch was out making it rain.  I heard on Twitter he love to kiss titties

Lol I was gonna say was it Mitch since he has a profound love for titties?

Seriously though, do we blame the players here or the coaches for not maintaining the team's curfew?  If it wasn't a foregone conclusion that Fox was gone after this season and the Bears were actually in the hunt for the div/playoffs then I'd take more issue with this.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Lol I was gonna say was it Mitch since he has a profound love for titties?

Seriously though, do we blame the players here or the coaches for not maintaining the team's curfew?  If it wasn't a foregone conclusion that Fox was gone after this season and the Bears were actually in the hunt for the div/playoffs then I'd take more issue with this.

Probably wasn't a big deal cause I am sure the players scored some cocaine and were wide a wake for that game.

it also depends on what time they got back.  if its 4 am and you have to be at work at 8 am then I would be pissed too but if they were out until 1 weren't drinking got 6-7 hours of sleep there is nothing wrong with that.   

Archived