John Fox is still employed

G08

55 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If there’s one thing bouncers at clubs are known for, its their credibility. ? 

Was the story vetted by anyone? Or is this one guy saying this is what he saw, and 10 hours later nobody has confirmed it with any other sources? The bouncer wasn’t the only guy at the club and if high profile people are there people notice. People take photos. People remember. It’d be on social media almost immediately. If there’s nothing else other than some radio show caller that SAYS he’s a bouncer at a club in Philly then it’s not even a story. 

Well I'll just say that I saw Corey Wootton in a Miami strip club last spring and I never took any pics or anything.  Dude and his crew were making it rain tho...

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Well I'll just say that I saw Corey Wootton in a Miami strip club last spring and I never took any pics or anything.  Dude and his crew were making it rain tho...

That’s not the Saturday night before a game though. Apples and oranges. 

56 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don't think anyone wants you to take it as gospel.

My point is that any person could call in to The Score and say that I saw Players X, Y and Z doing undesirable things at any time. People call in and say crazy **** all the time. Without vetting it doesn’t mean anything.

I remember you saying you at one point played pro football in Canada (I think it was Canada - memory not as good these days). I could come on here and say that I heard you got cut because you and a buddy had your way with a coach’s wife (to be clear I am NOT saying that - just an obviously far fetched BS example) without any foundation at all other than me saying it. You could post that I’m not a FF mod anymore because I tracked down CBears and subdued him with his own taser and he told Webby he feared my intimidating ways so Webby pulled my mod credentials. Should people just assume these stories are true? Of course not. That’d be absurd. We’re both just reasonably anonymous guys posting on a sports chat room website on the internet. 

There’s a reason that good reporters get confirmation from multiple sources before running a story. Until we see more than just “A guy who says he works at a club in Philly called a radio station halfway across the country to narc on an unnamed player or players from a team who just got their *** kicked by his favorite team about being out on the town before the game” this is a total non-story. I’m not saying it’s not true. I’m saying it needs more than just an outlandish claim by a guy with no known basis for credibility to be believable. There’s probably a reason it hasn’t gotten any further than the guy calling The Score. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

My point is that any person could call in to The Score and say that I saw Players X, Y and Z doing undesirable things at any time. People call in and say crazy **** all the time. Without vetting it doesn’t mean anything.

I remember you saying you at one point played pro football in Canada (I think it was Canada - memory not as good these days). I could come on here and say that I heard you got cut because you and a buddy had your way with a coach’s wife (to be clear I am NOT saying that - just an obviously far fetched BS example) without any foundation at all other than me saying it. You could post that I’m not a FF mod anymore because I tracked down CBears and subdued him with his own taser and he told Webby he feared my intimidating ways so Webby pulled my mod credentials. Should people just assume these stories are true? Of course not. That’d be absurd. We’re both just reasonably anonymous guys posting on a sports chat room website on the internet. 

There’s a reason that good reporters get confirmation from multiple sources before running a story. Until we see more than just “A guy who says he works at a club in Philly called a radio station halfway across the country to narc on an unnamed player or players from a team who just got their *** kicked by his favorite team about being out on the town before the game” this is a total non-story. I’m not saying it’s not true. I’m saying it needs more than just an outlandish claim by a guy with no known basis for credibility to be believable. There’s probably a reason it hasn’t gotten any further than the guy calling The Score. 

Wait what?

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif

Dave Kerner
@DaveKerner
·
49m
#Bears coach John Fox on @WBBMNewsradio this am on the increased calls for change: "We all understand that..I'm giving everything I can. The fans are passionate. We've got 4 games left and this building will give it everything they've got."

Still employed.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The fact that he is still the coach this morning is an embarrassment to the franchise. This franchise clearly does not have basic standards of competitiveness.

Bro did you not read the Hub article last week saying that a coaching change is unlikely before the end of this season due to #1 Fangio not being interested in taking over as interim head coach and #2 Pace not wanting anything to sabotage his plans of hiring a new coach after the season is over?

So let's  say just scenario #1 is true, then who do they promote to interim head coach instead?

Let's say just scenario #2 is true, do you blame Pace knowing that a lot of meathead fans will probably be clamoring for Fangio to be the next head coach if say he wins 2 of their remaining 4 games?

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Bro did you not read the Hub article last week saying that a coaching change is unlikely before the end of this season due to #1 Fangio not being interested in taking over as interim head coach and #2 Pace not wanting anything to sabotage his plans of hiring a new coach after the season is over?

So let's  say just scenario #1 is true, then who do they promote to interim head coach instead?

Let's say just scenario #2 is true, do you blame Pace knowing that a lot of meathead fans will probably be clamoring for Fangio to be the next head coach if say he wins 2 of their remaining 4 games?

1. It doesn't matter what Hub thinks they are going to do. This is about having some accountability and pride.

2. Who cares if meatballs want Fangio. If Pace is letting fans pick the coach he should be fired.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. It doesn't matter what Hub thinks they are going to do. This is about having some accountability and pride.

2. Who cares if meatballs want Fangio. If Pace is letting fans pick the coach he should be fired.

1. It's not about what Hub thinks.  He said this information is coming from his sources, who you have to assume are inside or close to the Bears organization.  

2. The point was not about Pace allowing the fans to choose the next coach, it's about avoiding any unneeded criticism towards him when this organization has a new coaching staff next year (not Fangio).

Trust me when I say I share your frustration in this coaching staff being allowed to carry on for the next few weeks, but I don't know what firing them now accomplishes based on what we are hearing.

Keeping Fox the next few weeks is not going to hurt their chances at finding a good coach, but it may just help their chances of landing a higher draft pick which can be used to further enhance the rebuild process and possibly attract a better coach.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

1. It's not about what Hub thinks.  He said this information is coming from his sources, who you have to assume are inside or close to the Bears organization.  

2. The point was not about Pace allowing the fans to choose the next coach, it's about avoiding any unneeded criticism towards him when this organization has a new coaching staff next year (not Fangio).

Trust me when I say I share your frustration in this coaching staff being allowed to carry on for the next few weeks, but I don't know what firing them now accomplishes based on what we are hearing.

Keeping Fox the next few weeks is not going to hurt their chances at finding a good coach, but it may just help their chances of landing a higher draft pick which can be used to further enhance the rebuild process and possibly attract a better coach.

Keeping John Fox today is unacceptable.

I do not care what Ryan Pace and George McCaskey want to do, keeping him today is an embarrassment to the franchise.

Have some standards.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Keeping John Fox today is unacceptable.

I do not care what Ryan Pace and George McCaskey want to do, keeping him today is an embarrassment to the franchise.

Have some standards.

If what Hub wrote is true about Fangio then who do you propose they promote to interim head coach?  It may not be as simple as you want it to be.

Archived