Rumor: Titans shopping RB Derek Henry

RaidersAreOne

Not something i want to do with the cap space we have probably.  But for a late round pick i could see a rejoining between Henry and Smith in Atlanta to pair with Tyler AllGears and Patterson  that would be one heck of a runningback trio.  Under one of the best run offensive lines and coaches in the nfl.

It makes sense for Tennessee but this is bad timing on their part. There are so many RBs that are/likely going to be hitting FA and its a deep/quality RB draft. As good as Henry is, his cap number probably limits his value to a day 3 pick and then you have to wonder if its even worth it rather than keeping the hometown favorite on the team for one more season.

It makes sense for Tennessee but this is bad timing on their part. There are so many RBs that are/likely going to be hitting FA and its a deep/quality RB draft. As good as Henry is, his cap number probably limits his value to a day 3 pick and then you have to wonder if its even worth it rather than keeping the hometown favorite on the team for one more season.

18 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

The bolded is probably why it is good timing for them because it will be easier to replace his production. 

Their willingness to trade him shows they are committed to a long-term vision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Wonder what they could get. I wouldn’t give up a 1st…and if I’m Tennessee, I don’t trade him for any less. 

There is not a team in the league who will trade a first for a 29 year old RB with an absurd amount of carries who is also making 10 million dollars. I doubt they get even a 2nd for him. 

If a team wants to spend a first on a RB, they will take Bijan.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

There is not a team in the league who will trade a first for a 29 year old RB with an absurd amount of carries who is also making 10 million dollars. I doubt they get even a 2nd for him. 

Yeah I was gonna say a 5th and a 7th lol

Just now, N4L said:

I 100% agree with you. I think that would be the only way TEN would part with him though. You don’t trade away a home-grown HOF caliber talent for a mid round pick. 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

The bolded is probably why it is good timing for them because it will be easier to replace his production. 

Their willingness to trade him shows they are committed to a long-term vision. 

I'm talking more about Henry's trade value but I agree its a good time to draft a replacement.

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I 100% agree with you. I think that would be the only way TEN would part with him though. You don’t trade away a home-grown HOF caliber talent for a mid round pick. 

I disagree with the bolded. They would trade him to recoup value knowing that they missed their window to win a SB with him. 

Given his workload and age, he may fall off a cliff rather than decline slowly. If you are the titans and you don't expect to compete next year, trading him to save 10m is not a bad idea. 

46 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You do when you're starting a rebuild and don't expect to be competitive during said player's remaining prime.

• Like 1