Raiders Franchise Tag Josh Jacobs

goldfishwars

I like franchise tag and draft another RB in the 4th to go with Zeus. Then give Jacobs the option to be freed of the tag. I just don't like big holes going into the draft. If he signs then put him on a snap count and don't do him dirty running him into the ground. I think it sets a good example after the Carr mess. I'm not wanting to pay him next record contract money. The business side of this sucks but it happens. 

1 minute ago, G said:

I like franchise tag and draft another RB in the 4th to go with Zeus. Then give Jacobs the option to be freed of the tag. I just don't like big holes going into the draft. If he signs then put him on a snap count and don't do him dirty running him into the ground. I think it sets a good example after the Carr mess. I'm not wanting to pay him next record contract money. The business side of this sucks but it happens. 

It'd be a dirty move to tag him, draft another RB, and then rescind the tag after the draft when most teams have already filled needs and blow their cap space.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why?

Because after having a promising rookie season, he was kind of disappointing the next two seasons. I mean, in 2020 he averaged less than 4.0 YPC. This year has been his only great year. I think people want to see him keep playing at a high level before they say he's one of the top backs in the league.

• Like 1