Raiders Franchise Tag Josh Jacobs

goldfishwars

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Needed to be done. I don't like paying RBs big money but JJ is up there with the best of them. We'll need him especially with a potentially rookie QB.

Probably will run him into the ground then let him walk next year. Zamir White needs more touches this season.

He had a great year last year, but I wouldn’t say he is up there with the best of them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Paying him a couple of million extra under the franchise tag I believe.

That seems well worth the gamble he wasn't going to be the league leader in yards. Happy he balled out and made a touch more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why?

I'll answer this in that he seems like he is good at everything but not elite as a runner. His play reminds me a lot of Zeke. I could see him completely falling off in a couple seasons to where he's not even worth more than $8mil/yr. He's probably looking for closer to 15.

TL;DR the eyeball test

Edited by NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

That seems well worth the gamble he wasn't going to be the league leader in yards. Happy he balled out and made a touch more.

And who knows? If he wasn't on his final year he might not have done as much. It's hard to know.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I'll answer this in that he seems like he is good at everything but not elite as a runner. His play reminds me a lot of Zeke. I could see him completely falling off in a couple seasons to where he's not even worth more than $8mil/yr. He's probably looking for closer to 15.

His play in 2020 and 2021 probably wasn't worth $8M+

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

He wasn’t even considered a top 5 maybe even top 10 rb going into this season. Need more than one season to change that.

• Like 1