2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

I still think Aiyuk definitely gets paid. If someone gets traded, it will be Deebo. And it will be Deebo next year or the year after when everything gets real expensive.

100%. Absolutely correct. Aiyuk certainly gets paid, and I imagine he gets paid by us. I'm not even sure why so many people online are acting like that tweet was for sure about the 49ers. We didn't even sign Bosa on year 4. We didn't negotiate with McG in year 4. It's not really something that we have shown a tendency to do when guys have 2 years left on their deal. 

Aiyuk probably gets his new deal next season. It has a very small first year cap hit most likely which allows the team to spend even more money than they could if he was on his option. When the cap hit jumps is about the time you're saying goodbye to Deebo, probably AA, maybe Hargrave and maybe Kittle. I don't think his upcoming contract is a major issue, tbh. 

If they moved Aiyuk this year, they 100% better be doing it for something close to the Diggs package. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Elijah Moore and a third to the Browns for this year's second round pick. I feel like this helps the inevitable Rodgers trade. 

I understand not wanting to give up 13, so these two 2nds plus a conditional  future pick seems like a good compromise for both sides... if that's what ends up happening 

I'm starting to think Lance gets traded. Just a hunch, but IF Purdy will be ready for the regular season, why keep Lance around? If Purdy is the future now is the time to cut the losses and trade Lance.. his value will only diminish riding the bench as possibly the QB3

Who would want him?

Baltimore if Lamar leaves, doubtful

Minnesota if they see him as the future, very doubtful

Tennesee? Carthon is there, they are ready to move on from Tanny, and are probably in no position to draft one of the 4. Maybe 

Washington? Maybe

Atlanta? Doubtful, but maybe

Edited by adamq

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'm starting to think Lance gets traded. Just a hunch, but IF Purdy will be ready for the regular season, why keep Lance around? If Purdy is the future now is the time to cut the losses and trade Lance.. his value will only diminish riding the bench as possibly the QB3

What value? I don’t think he’s got any value to any other teams right now as it is. It costs us more to get rid of him than it’d be worth, and keeping him is good insolation in case Purdy isn’t ready or comes back down to earth.

The only scenario I can see right now is if someone gets desperate during the draft, but even still I don’t see him pulling enough for us to execute on a trade with his value where it’s at today.

• Like 2