Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Ya that’s possibly a factor but we can’t say for sure. Either way I feel like it’s a losers attitude to expect other people to minimize their careers. That’s all I can really say on that because I’m not going to continue arguing with weak chinned types who think athletes should undermine their own self worth. 

Who is asking Lamar to minimize his career? He could have had a deal like Josh Allen's and made tens of millions of dollars already instead of being on the market hoping someone rescues him.

17 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It’s amazing how many people think an employee seeking guidance and support from their local union is a moral failure by that individual. You know you’re brainwashed when.. 

Who is faulting Lamar for consulting the union? The problem is the union isn't doing much for Lamar. They can't negotiate on his behalf and if someone there told him the Watson deal should be his model, they midread the market and gave him bad advice. Nobody thinks Burrow or Herbert are going to get fully guaranteed 5 year deals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This tweet makes me think that whoever is interpreting for Lamar the contracts the Ravens are offering are intentionally making them seem lower than they actually are. Lamar just doesn't understand the contractual language being used. 

Edited by AngusMcFife
forgot word
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You know what's crazy? This is exactly what Schefter said in his tweet...$133M at signing with the chance to get up to $200M lol

Lamar is making himself look so bad.

Ya it is really hard to defend Lamar here....

Guy just has played this entire situation so, so poorly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Ravens were 10-7 and the Jags were 9-8. Care to explain your analysis? 

10-9.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya it is really hard to defend Lamar here....

Guy just has played this entire situation so, so poorly.

It truly has.

56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You know what's crazy? This is exactly what Schefter said in his tweet...$133M at signing with the chance to get up to $200M lol

Lamar is making himself look so bad.

How is Lamar making himself look bad when the tweet he is responding to says he turned down $200M gtd? He doesn't reach $200M unless the team picks up a 2026 option. Everything after $133M is conditional. We don't know the structure of the offer and how backloaded that option year is.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, typecast said:

How is Lamar making himself look bad when the tweet is responding to says he turned down $200M gtd? He doesn't reach $200M unless the team picks up a 2026 option. Everything after $133M is conditional. We don't know the structure of the offer and how backloaded that option year is.

“Chris Mortensen and I reported on this last September, when Lamar Jackson was offered a deal that he turned down. A deal that included at the time he was offered $133 million due at signing,” Schefter said. “$133 million guaranteed. The contract also had injury guarantees that brought the guarantees to $175 million and it then had a springing guarantee that could’ve brought the value for the contract, the guaranteed money of the contract to $200 million in guarantees... and yes, those were the actual numbers and that was the situation. So those really were the guarantees for Lamar Jackson.”

$133M guaranteed at signing, with some other guarantees that could reach up to $200M in guarantees. If lamar is this bent out of shape about a soon-to-be-extinct podcast twitter account, the pressure must be really getting to him.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

$133M guaranteed at signing, with some other guarantees that could reach up to $200M in guarantees. If lamar is this bent out of shape about a soon-to-be-extinct podcast twitter account, the pressure must be really getting to him.

So again, upto $200M in guarantees based on conditionals... right?

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One day I hope to be able to laugh in my bosses face and turn down 133 MILLION DOLLARS for only 3 years of work.

My 'how to make the best drunk food at 3am' youtube channel better take off soon

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Just now, typecast said:

So again, upto $200M in guarantees based on conditionals... right?

Yeah it's still $200M guaranteed even if $25M of it is tied up in a springing guarantee. But I mean the fact that Lamar is getting this ridiculous about what boils down to a semantical argument is hilarious.

He still turned down, at worst, 3/$133M fully guaranteed. LOL.

17 minutes ago, typecast said:

How is Lamar making himself look bad when the tweet he is responding to says he turned down $200M gtd? He doesn't reach $200M unless the team picks up a 2026 option. Everything after $133M is conditional. We don't know the structure of the offer and how backloaded that option year is.

Yep.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah it's still $200M guaranteed even if $25M of it is tied up in a springing guarantee. But I mean the fact that Lamar is getting this ridiculous about what boils down to a semantical argument is hilarious.

All contracts are fully guaranteed if you reach the end of it. Silly players who know nothing only focusing on guaranteed at signing. 

Lamar's "semantics" are correct. Including amounts that become guaranteed if the team chooses to continue the contract after 3 seasons in the guaranteed is clearly what we should be mocking here. Or else what are we even doing talking about guaranteed money?

HIlarious that people knocking Lamar's understanding of the contract can't understand what the $133m and $200m mean here.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sure, he turned down $133M/3. I'm trying to figure out how he turned downed $200M gtd when he wasn't gtd $200M. That's what he was responding to. Not gonna lie, it's been funny reading you raven fans dump on Lamar but keep wanting him to sign on a cheap deal. Would be hilarious if he got sign-and-traded for a 2024 day 2 pick.

Edited by typecast