Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

If the Ravens defense was so elite, how come the pitiful Browns scored 42 points against them in 2020 and 40 in 2019? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-becomes-first-qb-to-win-despite-4-ints-since-2013-shows-maturity-after-career-worst-performance/

If Lamar was good, how come the Ravens won holding the Browns to 10 points after his woeful 4 INT game?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They've given up 19.4 ppg during his 61 starts, only the Patriots have allowed less points during that same span. 

Knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers use PPG. It can obviously be influenced by slow offensive pace and strong special teams. You want to find ways to isolate defensive performance from other factors. Points per drive is obviously much better, for starters.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How will he look in a different scheme? How will he potentially look without an elite defense that basically always allows him to play with the lead? 

In 2021 the Ravens had a bad defense and Lamar led 4 GWD in 11 games.

If you isolate Lamar's numbers when he is trailing late in the 4th quarter by 1 score they are excellent. 

Are you basing your questions on any data in particular? Because the answer is already established. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you isolate Lamar's numbers when he is trailing late in the 4th quarter by 1 score they are excellent. 

Are you basing your questions on any data in particular? Because the answer is already established. 

Lamar had 72.5 Rating in 4th quarters in 2022. Obviously a lot of context around that, but it's something he has to answer for.

22 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar's record in games he has 25 or fewer passing attempts: 26-2 (93%)

Lamar's record in games he has 26 or more passing attempts: 19-14 (57%)

So I think that it's fair to have reservations about if he'd be able to step into a new scheme, particularly one where he'd have to throw the ball more. 

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is anyone else as desperate as me for these Rodgers/Lamar sagas to end? They make the offseason drag like nails on a chalk board. Trade, don't trade...

The Lamar saga is kinda dumb since it's about a player wanting guaranteed money and we've beaten that horse to death, but I think the Rodgers trade is the most interesting saga the league has had in a while in that it's all about perception of leverage and game theory elements as much as anything else.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In games where Lamar is ahead and the team runs more, of course he's going to have a better record.

My point has been that it's reasonable to have questions about if he'd succeed without a top tier defense that doesn't ever really ask him to play from behind or in a scheme where they ask him to throw the ball at an even a league average rate. The team hasn't been very successful when they've had to lean on him to throw the ball and he only has like 3 300+ passing yard games in 5 years as a starter...

Just now, NYRaider said:

My point has been that it's reasonable to have questions about if he'd succeed without a top tier defense that doesn't ever really ask him to play from behind or in a scheme where they ask him to throw the ball at an even a league average rate.

And my point is you chose a statistic that doesn't back up the point you want to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Lamar saga is kinda dumb since it's about a player wanting guaranteed money and we've beaten that horse to death, but I think the Rodgers trade is the most interesting saga in that it's all about perception of leverage and game theory elements as much as anything else.

I think the Lamar saga is more way more interesting because it's an unprecedented situation and we really have no idea how it's going to end. We all know how the Rodgers saga will end, he'll be in New York.