TCMD SIM Discussion

ny92mike

For those that aren't interested in this.  No hard feelings at all.  These type of keeper leagues do take a level of participation that not all can give.  I totally get that, I'm the same way which is why I want to develop this so that we aren't having to spend every week setting depth charts and game plans each week.  It'll burn you out.

Which is why I don't want to make this thing something we have to look in on each week.  The offseason will run basically like the current mock and the season side will be designed to allow you the option to put in as much or as little time as you want with it.  Meaning you can select your game plan each week or once in the season.   

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m definitely interested, sounds like a great idea if executed well.

Right, that's why I'm currently looking for feedback and suggestions on how to set it up.  I mean I have a general idea of how I'd like for it to be ran but just like with TCMD, I relied heavily on every ones opinions to design it.  It worked out pretty well in my opinion and would like to do the same with this.

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I wish we could just do a sim to just determine a winner/loser of TCMD. Team with the biggest movement towards “better” is the winner vs the opposite. Of course that makes it impossible for the defending Super Bowl champs but you catch my drift 

I'd love to set that up just to see how the simulation system works with this mock.  We could do that every year as well.  However, it would be based on last years stats and rookies would have to get projected stats to make it all work.

questions i have

1. how are the initial rosters acquired?
    1. start with a team
    2. draft/auction positions off NFL teams
    3. player by player draft/auction
  2. how is the in season simulation done
    1. based on players on each team
    2. submitted game plan
    3. ???
  3. how are the subsequent player APY set

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

questions i have

1. how are the initial rosters acquired?
    1. start with a team
    2. draft/auction positions off NFL teams
    3. player by player draft/auction

This is what this discussion is designed to figure out.

I'm open to any of these options or a combination of them.

1. how is the in season simulation done
    1. based on players on each team
    2. submitted game plan
    3. ???

It's based on weekly player stats for the most part.  Then you'll have a game plan section that allows you to set your scheme and position focus for the week or season depending on how much you wanna do each week.

Based on the scheme and game plan it will alter the players stats.  

The current system I'm looking to use is fairly accurate at projecting the outcome of the game if the stats are known.  I can get you access to this but I need to set it up so that you guys can even see how it works.

1. how are the subsequent player APY set

You referring to free agency?  The off season would be ran basically like we are currently doing it, with some changes to make it easier to manage.

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I will be interested regardless tbh. Don’t know if anyone here plays football manager but this sounds like an attempt at the American football version it lol

football manager.  I haven't heard of that I'll have to check it out.

Yeah I'll see if I can't get a version of the sim set up for this mock.  That way you guys would at least see what I'm trying to attempt to do.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

football manager.  I haven't heard of that I'll have to check it out.

Yeah I'll see if I can't get a version of the sim set up for this mock.  That way you guys would at least see what I'm trying to attempt to do.

I guess the NFL equivalent would be when EA tried NFL Head Coach. But regardless it’s just simulation games where you control the strategy/acquisitions.

• Like 1

Those that are interested in this.

Which would you prefer?

1. fantasy draft each player on your roster at the start of the season?
    1. This would include their current contract structure.
  2. select a team you're a fan of to start the first year.
  3. Combination of taking 5 to 10 players from the team you select and then fantasy draft or free agency to fill the rest of your roster.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Those that are interested in this.

Which would you prefer?

1. fantasy draft each player on your roster at the start of the season?
    1. This would include their current contract structure.
  2. select a team you're a fan of to start the first year.
  3. Combination of taking 5 to 10 players from the team you select and then fantasy draft or free agency to fill the rest of your roster.

Could we roll the TCMD into this ??