Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I’m honestly good on receiver 

you can only have 5-6 on your roster

Amari, DPJ, David Bell, Michael Woods, and Jakeem or Schwartz. That’s 5 

i definitely want to draft one so I’m not pressed to get on in FA. 

5?  That’s weird…. I only counted 2.. 🤔 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I’m honestly good on receiver 

you can only have 5-6 on your roster

Amari, DPJ, David Bell, Michael Woods, and Jakeem or Schwartz. That’s 5 

i definitely want to draft one so I’m not pressed to get on in FA. 

Jakeem might not be back with that injury and I will be stunned if Schwartz is back

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

5?  That’s weird…. I only counted 2.. 🤔 

I somewhat agree but based on Berrys moves I don’t see him giving up on picks within 2 years. 

I’ve never thought David Bell has enough athleticism to be a pro player, and I never liked Schwartz’s tape. 

If it was me I might only draft dlineman and receivers this draft, but I think Berry is going to give them some time. 

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I somewhat agree but based on Berrys moves I don’t see him giving up on picks within 2 years. 

I’ve never thought David Bell has enough athleticism to be a pro player, and I never liked Schwartz’s tape. 

If it was me I might only draft dlineman and receivers this draft, but I think Berry is going to give them some time. 

Well they have shown the desire to bring in some speed. They drafted Schwartz to be it--he blows. They tried again by signing Grant--he tore his achilles before playing a game. They have been linked by MKC heavy to guys like Mecole Hardman/Brandin Cooks.

They are going to add another WR in that WR2-4 role in free agency and its likely going to be a speed guy downfield to compliment Cooper.

I keep saying this is a do or die year for the FO/Coaching staff considering they sold their soul a year ago for this moment--I dont see them sitting on their hands and protecting assets or waiting on a bunch of development guys. Unless Stefanski/Berry have a promise from Haslem that we dont know about.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

If it was me I might only draft dlineman and receivers this draft, but I think Berry is going to give them some time

This is one of the worst WR drafts ever. It’s been fun recently in the past decade, as the classes are usually stacked. This year is not that year. The 2-3 sleepers I had all crapped themselves at the combine. I pretty much like Jordan Addison and Rakim Jarrett late. That’s it.

It’s also a pretty dreadful S and LB class. We need to come away with Ringo, Martin, Joseph, Brown, or Robinson at S. We need to come away with Sewell, Campbell, Overshown, or Pappoe at LB. Otherwise, hard pass. There are good players in the class at those positions, but they’re gonna get swallowed up early.

I wouldn’t touch WR this year. I would sign another DL & a stop-gap FS. Draft a DE, DT, FS, LB, LB, & TE. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This class is super strong in the CB and TE spots. We should even consider double dipping on the TE front IMO.

I would agree. It sucks we don't need a corner, but as we find out every year, you can never have enough. We theoretically have 3 studs, but you know how that goes. At some point, we'll be starting Joe Schmo due to injuries.

24 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would agree. It sucks we don't need a corner, but as we find out every year, you can never have enough. We theoretically have 3 studs, but you know how that goes. At some point, we'll be starting Joe Schmo due to injuries.

I’d be stunned if we don’t draft a corner on day 3 tbh.  

Like you said we’re an injury or two away from the 4th and 5th corners playing and it’s hard to hide an incompetent corner. 

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They are going to add another WR in that WR2-4 role in free agency and its likely going to be a speed guy downfield to compliment Cooper.

Yeah this one element they’ve been missing since Perriman tbh and I don’t think they’re gonna take a gamble on a draft pick being that guy.  Campbell, Mecole, Cooks, whoever I think they bring in that type of a dude to keep teams honest on the back end. 

If they whiff on all of those guys or they’re too pricey I don’t think Will Fuller is out of the question.

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I keep saying this is a do or die year for the FO/Coaching staff considering they sold their soul a year ago for this moment--I dont see them sitting on their hands and protecting assets or waiting on a bunch of development guys. Unless Stefanski/Berry have a promise from Haslem that we dont know about.

Even then, are you really trusting Haslam?

But also, this is when any GM/coach/team goes all in.  We have the major pieces in place, make a run at it.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Unless Stefanski/Berry have a promise from Haslem that we dont know about.

They're both smart enough to know that promise would have the staying power of a fart in a hurricane. This is the year.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like you said we’re an injury or two away from the 4th and 5th corners playing and it’s hard to hide an incompetent corner. 

Ralph Brown
Terry Cousins
Hank Poteat
Leon McFadden
Aaron Berry
EJ Gaines
Tavierre Thomas
Kevin Johnson

These names will haunt me for eternity.

• Like 1