Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I want to draft front 7 help.

So sign Bates.

Exactly!!!!!

see @candyman93

The more tape you watch on the d line class there’s a ton of value within reach for us. Don’t overpay for average FA Dlineman and take advantage of this young deep class. 

You can get 3 d lineman with our picks and be in good shape. This draft is 4 rounds deep with potential starting lineman. 

I think we need to try the same thing we did last year and trade into the third. Try to find the Dline version of Martin Emerson. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Exactly!!!!!

see @candyman93

The more tape you watch on the d line class there’s a ton of value within reach for us. Don’t overpay for average FA Dlineman and take advantage of this young deep class. 

You can get 3 d lineman with our picks and be in good shape. This draft is 4 rounds deep with potential starting lineman. 

I think we need to try the same thing we did last year and trade into the third. Try to find the Dline version of Martin Emerson. 

You’re out of your mind if you think we’re gonna go into the draft without a starting DE, NT, and 3T. We basically have a 2nd round pick and 3 4ths. That capital isn’t enough to address 3 absolutely glaring holes we have, particularly at the most important defensive position in football (DL).

We might add a FS. It could be Bates. But we most certainly aren’t gonna bank on drafting starters across the DL with mid round selections. 

• Like 1

This year FA is much more important than the draft!  The money from Clowney, Johnson, Brisset and Hunt is 30M. We certainly are going to spend that and probably more.  Everyone knows we need wr, dt, de, lb and s not necessarily in that order.  Berry has demonstrated he wants to fill the starting rotation before the draft so we can use BPA philosophy.  Plus I imagine he trades some picks for veteran players.  FA starts on Monday withe nebulous “tampering” rule.  Browns need to win now and should be all in with FA.  I still like Bates, Clark, and best value DT and LB with our FA money then trade draft picks for WR like Hopkins.

7 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You’re out of your mind if you think we’re gonna go into the draft without a starting DE, NT, and 3T. We basically have a 2nd round pick and 3 4ths. That capital isn’t enough to address 3 absolutely glaring holes we have, particularly at the most important defensive position in football (DL).

We might add a FS. It could be Bates. But we most certainly aren’t gonna bank on drafting starters across the DL with mid round selections. 

You’ve got Alex Wright and Perrion at DE and 3 tech. We do have to get a NT but there are a few guys who can come in as FAs and take that one. 

I think if we trade down into the third and pick up another third for example. You could get two third round lineman and someone in the 4th. That could be huge for us. 

im not saying don’t totally not address d line in FA. Just that there’s better value in the draft than there is in FA on the d line this year. There’s not a FS in this draft who’s going to come in and be a starting FS week one that we could foreseeably get, but there are quality lineman in the middle rounds who could come in and be a part of the rotation. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

You’ve got Alex Wright and Perrion at DE and 3 tech. We do have to get a NT but there are a few guys who can come in as FAs and take that one. 

If I took a crap in a ziplock bag and the Browns signed it and labeled it a DE, it wouldn't mean we don't have a need there.

If Alex Wright (one of PFF's worst-rated players last year) and Perrion Winfrey (healthy scratch/one of PFF's worst-rated players last year) are who you're banking on...I'm not sure what else to say.

I love both as prospects, but if we're counting on them to take major leaps, that's going to probably be a massive mistake.

25 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

If I took a crap in a ziplock bag and the Browns signed it and labeled it a DE, it wouldn't mean we don't have a need there.

If Alex Wright (one of PFF's worst-rated players last year) and Perrion Winfrey (healthy scratch/one of PFF's worst-rated players last year) are who you're banking on...I'm not sure what else to say.

I love both as prospects, but if we're counting on them to take major leaps, that's going to probably be a massive mistake.

You have such a way with words.

d7a1f218-021a-4f04-b21f-cbdc95f67b9b_tex

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

qI4e5sD.jpg

I think this is a fair stance but as the graph above shows, Wright was hardly put in a position to succeed last season. He had the 4th hardest assignments in the league ffs.

At some point guys are gonna have to step in and be able to provide average play if you’re drafted top 100 and given a year to acclimate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let’s say we act cash strapped. Obviously we need to see what happens with restructures.

Then my #1 realistic target would be Paris Campbell. He’d be a nice speedy WR.

He provides everything we hoped for out of Schwartz.

Prolly never gonna play a full season though.

On the other hand he went to OSU so that makes him at least 10% better than other options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

They listened to you

So how does this work though? They restructure every year, AKA kick the can down the road until his final year under contract? I’m just trying to see the big picture with these types of moves.

33 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

So how does this work though? They restructure every year, AKA kick the can down the road until his final year under contract? I’m just trying to see the big picture with these types of moves.

They’re gonna kick the can down the road until he retires like the Saints did with Brees.

Rather people like it or not, Watson is a 10 year investment.