Panthers trade for #1 pick

beekay414

So Bears should go offensive line at 9, right? I don't like that spot for defensive line at all. I think I would attack that in free agency and maybe days 2/3 in the draft but 9 is a real nice sweet spot for offensive line. 

• Like 5

Just now, Forge said:

So Bears should go offensive line at 9, right? I don't like that spot for defensive line at all. I think I would attack that in free agency and maybe days 2/3 in the draft but 9 is a real nice sweet spot for offensive line. 

They have the assets to move back up if they wanna target premier defense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really feel like it's going to be Stroud, I don't know why. I'm probably wrong, but we will see. 

I’m also thinking the same (totally doesn’t have to do with DeMeco Ryans having his choice of Alabama players to draft…)

• Like 2

Actually think the trade is a win-win for both teams. Carolina can finally pick their QB. Chicago gets a nice haul of picks and a #1 WR for Fields. The only tweak I’d make is I’d have wanted pick 39 from the Panthers. So I’d have thrown something back to try and get that one too.

Will be interesting to see who Carolina takes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They have 75M in cap space. I won't be surprised if they try and build the OL and some major spots in defense with established vets and draft more weapons for Fields in the first two few rounds. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just laid a nice penny on Bryce Young being the 4th guy off the board.

Hmmmm. He’s more likely to go 2. Is a former Alabama LB/alumni going to pass on a guy he likely knows personally through Alabama ties?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I totally get why both teams went this route:

-CAR has an excellent D, a decent run game....and absolutely HORRID play at QB.    The only real piece they'll miss right away is DJ Moore.   Obv the pick capital is huge, but this is their chance to finally address QB once and for all.   Given it's Frank Reich, I think they've locked in on CJ Stroud.   Also, by keeping their 2.9 pick, I imagine they'll be picking a WR if one falls that they like.  

I agree I don't think you make that big of a jump this early unless they've fallen in love with either Stroud or Young.