Bears Trade 1.1 to Panthers

CBears019

21 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I know it's not conventional thought but what about taking Bijan at 9? Would help the line and open up the offense even more.

I really really hope not…it would be totally against Poles long term vision of getting quality players at pivotal positions…

Love the player but we don’t have the luxury of taking an RB that high.

24 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I know it's not conventional thought but what about taking Bijan at 9? Would help the line and open up the offense even more.

If we go OL heavy in FA with McGlinch, Jones, Taylor, or McGary, Powers, and Pocic or Jones, get a cb like Jamel Dean and then too DL talent is off the board at 9, I wouldn’t be extremely upset although I do think Bijan is still there if we trade down to 18 or so 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Well another thing is I think it highly unlikely Mooney and/or Claypool get a bigger extension than DJ.

So we know cap on any offer to them. 

Poles has set the offense up nicely at WR. Both Mooney and Claypool are headed into contract years. Motivation will be at its highest for these guys to perform well unless they are willing to accept an offer at a team friendly discount right now.

You would have to expect that one of these guys will not be back with the team in 2024. Just can't see Poles investing that much money into three WRs 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Poles has set the offense up nicely at WR. Both Mooney and Claypool are headed into contract years. Motivation will be at its highest for these guys to perform well unless they are willing to accept an offer at a team friendly discount right now.

You would have to expect that one of these guys will not be back with the team in 2024. Just can't see Poles investing that much money into three WRs 

If you are counting on one to leave you have to hit on one in draft or hope Velus develops more.  

Of course we will have two number one picks next year in an ostensibly deeper WR class.  I heard an interview with SEC podcaster say most of best SEC WRs are not in this draft.   

• Like 1

I checked the panthers subreddit since their subforum is totally dead on here lol. I’d argue the consensus from both sides is that it was an even trade. Those that disagree with the sentiment either say so because they love Moore or hate their WR corps beyond Moore. 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I checked the panthers subreddit since their subforum is totally dead on here lol. I’d argue the consensus from both sides is that it was an even trade. Those that disagree with the sentiment either say so because they love Moore or hate their WR corps beyond Moore. 

I heard an Indy podcast and they said they are bummed and disappointed they didn’t trade up.

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I heard an Indy podcast and they said they are bummed and disappointed they didn’t trade up.

They’re still gonna have to if Arizona decides to trade down 

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I found a Carolina forum and they are generally really pleased.  

For the same reason I wasn't mad at trading up for a QB back in the day when we took Trubisky. 

You either have a QB or you don't in this league. And if you don't, you have to do what you have to do in order to get one. Though I hope for Carolina's sake, they choose better than we did when we took the Biscuit, since spending the draft capital and then missing can cripple your franchise for the better half of a decade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

For the same reason I wasn't mad at trading up for a QB back in the day when we took Trubisky. 

You either have a QB or you don't in this league. And if you don't, you have to do what you have to do in order to get one. Though I hope for Carolina's sake, they choose better than we did when we took the Biscuit, since spending the draft capital and then missing can cripple your franchise for the better half of a decade. 

Or you could be the 49ers and not even care that their qb whiffed 

• Like 1