The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone think we put in a claim for Josh Donaldson? He's being put on waivers and reports are that Blue Jay's only want his remaining contract ($3.8 million) picked up.

Gyorko could hit the DL soon....

I do think we put a claim in on him...But doubt he gets to us. Brewers and Rockies would block it for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I do think we put a claim in on him...But doubt he gets to us. Brewers and Rockies would block it for sure. 

He still has enough left on that contract that a team needs to be willing to shell out that cash for potentially nothing in return in order to put in a claim. Not saying they wont do it, but it could scare a few clubs away.

But 2 thoughts; A) do we have someone we are comfortable moving off the 40 man right now? B) Is there anything to worry about with the chemistry of this team by bringing in an outside guy right now?

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He still has enough left on that contract that a team needs to be willing to shell out that cash for potentially nothing in return in order to put in a claim. Not saying they wont do it, but it could scare a few clubs away.

But 2 thoughts; A) do we have someone we are comfortable moving off the 40 man right now? B) Is there anything to worry about with the chemistry of this team by bringing in an outside guy right now?

The two options for me would be to either take Matt Bowman off the 40-man or depending on whats going on with Wacha, moving him to the 60-day DL. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?