The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

33 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Carlos isn't going back to the rotation in 2019...

I think plan is for him to retrain as SP in offseason and then insert him into rotation....

Yeah, I wanted him back in the rotation bad, but I didn't really take into account his arm needing to get the stamina back up.

I think I'd like to see us go for a starter now, even if it's just a rental for the rest of the season for when Carlos is back next year. 

41 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, I wanted him back in the rotation bad, but I didn't really take into account his arm needing to get the stamina back up.

I think I'd like to see us go for a starter now, even if it's just a rental for the rest of the season for when Carlos is back next year. 

Same here. I think it's the most pressing need...

I mentioned the Wade Davis fit. Well how about the starter version of that; Zach Greinke...

We could eat large portion of his deal to minimize the prospect exposure to deal for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Same here. I think it's the most pressing need...

I mentioned the Wade Davis fit. Well how about the starter version of that; Zach Greinke...

We could eat large portion of his deal to minimize the prospect exposure to deal for him...

I’m not sure, but I think the Cardinals are on Grienke’s no trade list. So he’d have to approve any trade to St. Louis. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Carp is staying in Springfield for the weekend. He's expected to be activated for the Cubs series. Gyorko soon too...

Who goes down with the likes of Edman and Munoz playing so well and showing their position versatility? I'm thinking it's Bader...

Ravelo should get sent down when Carp comes up and I’m hoping they take their sweet time with Gyorko, maybe find another “injury” ailing him, where he needs a few more weeks to rehab and is magically better once rosters expand. 

But if it were me and I needed To make space for Gyorko, I’m probably sending Edman down, unless Carpenter comes back and is absolute garbage again. I think Edman can go down for a few weeks and we’d be ok. Feel like we need those 8 pitchers in our BP the way they’re being used and Munoz might have a little more value to this team off the bench because of his ability to play the outfield. 

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Can we just keep Gyorko down? He wasn't doing anything special before the injury and Edman hasn't given us a reason to send him down. 

Might as well, what's the difference between calling Gyorko up say, the 2nd week in august, to calling him up on September 1st when rosters can expand. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?