The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Also can some explain how Thompson got a save last night? I’m sure it was explained during the game but I didn’t watch. We’ve got a lot of exciting young pitchers. Hopefully they can kind of voltron together and give us some innings relief this year.

Pretty sure you get a save if you pitch 3+ innings, and you're not the starting pitcher.

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Can we find some pitchers that can actually throw strikes consistently? This is embarrassing. Guys like Hicks, Oviedo, and Pallante have no business starting at this level and just shows how mediocre our pitching depth is.

It’s obvious Oviedo was just called up for today. We needed him to give us some innings and he did that. And Pallante has been really good for us this year. 

On 6/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Gorman is such a stud. I don’t care if he strikes out a lot and plays average defense. If he’s healthy, he should be the every day starting 2B even against LHP. Honestly Sosa should hardly ever play once Carlson comes back.

I’m bookmarking this for when Gorman goes 2/20 with 13 strikeouts. 

So Donovan has secured himself a roster spot even with O’Neil and Carlson back, right? My guess is Noot goes back to Memphis. The other spot is either Yepez going down, or Dickerson to the IL or DFAd. Yepez has cooled off tremendously and his power will be replaced by the TON and Carlson(hopefully). I was hoping Yepez was here to stay, but I don’t think we’re seeing the last of him. 

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

It’s obvious Oviedo was just called up for today. We needed him to give us some innings and he did that. And Pallante has been really good for us this year. 

It would still be cool if they didn’t walk as many hitters. I’m still a believer in Oviedo but he needs to find some control, same for Hicks. Pallante is a fun pitcher. I like the multi-inning thing we’re doing.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

From game 1 yesterday 

I can understand it more when Hicks is throwing. He’s so wild that it can make it hard to be accurate behind the plate. The catcher sets up low and away and he throws a strike up and in. But Oviedo was *that* wild yesterday. He was around the zone pretty consistently and the ump was just missing everything.