The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

6 runs in 3 games. What a pathetic performance. Nevermind the ****ty bullpen and starting Packy freaking Naughton in 1 game. It doesn’t matter when the worthless offense scores 6 runs. This series shows exactly why this team isn’t a legit team. Dak and Miles had two very good starts and we get nothing out of it.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

35 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

7 runs in 3 games. What a pathetic performance. Nevermind the ****ty bullpen and starting Packy freaking Naughton in 1 game. It doesn’t matter when the worthless offense scores 6 runs. This series shows exactly why this team isn’t a legit team. Dak and Miles had two very good starts and we get nothing out of it.

At least it was a good quality team and we didn’t do this against the Pirates or Reds. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

At least it was a good quality team and we didn’t do this against the Pirates or Reds. 

Still not a good look to get swept. I mean if this team makes the playoffs and wants to play into October, they’re going to have to beat good pitchers and good teams. I don’t think they’re capable of that.

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still not a good look to get swept. I mean if this team makes the playoffs and wants to play into October, they’re going to have to beat good pitchers and good teams. I don’t think they’re capable of that.

We looked good against San Diego. I didn’t think we looked completely overmatched(except the Packy start) against Tampa either. We hit the ball hard today, just a bunch of atom balls. Baseball is weird.

I'm sure everyone else missed it too, but it looks like former 63rd overall pick Tink Hence was sent to Palm Beach (Low-A) about a month ago, and the early returns are impressive.

4 GP, 12 IP, 14.25 K/9, 3.75 BB/9, 0 HR/9, 0.75 ERA, 1.53 FIP

Obviously this comes with the usual SSS concerns, but those early returns are impressive.  The Cardinals have played him slowly as he spent all last year and the beginning of this year in EST, and he's been limited to just 3 IP for every start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure everyone else missed it too, but it looks like former 63rd overall pick Tink Hence was sent to Palm Beach (Low-A) about a month ago, and the early returns are impressive.

Obviously this comes with the usual SSS concerns, but those early returns are impressive.  The Cardinals have played him slowly as he spent all last year and the beginning of this year in EST, and he's been limited to just 3 IP for every start.

What’s your take on him? He seems like an exciting pitcher. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Seems like there was a little talk of him being a potential two-way player when we drafted him (a la Masyn Winn).  Any idea if that's still a possibility?  Either way, those early numbers are definitely impressive.  Hopefully he can keep it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What’s your take on him? He seems like an exciting pitcher. 

Early reports seem to favor his low-to-mid 90s fastball and a hammer curve.  I've always preferred my pitchers to have at least 3 pitches they can rely on to throw strikes, preferably with two of them being out pitches.  He kinda comes in the same mold as Ronnie Williams whom I was high on when they took him out of HS back in 2014.  Tink is definitely one of the pitchers to keep an eye on this season.  He was one of the pitchers that I would peg as a helium guy alongside Edwin Nunez and Gordon Graceffo coming into the season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

Seems like there was a little talk of him being a potential two-way player when we drafted him (a la Masyn Winn).  Any idea if that's still a possibility?  Either way, those early numbers are definitely impressive.  Hopefully he can keep it up.

I don't recall him being discussed as a real two-way prospect.  At least not in the same sense that Masyn Winn was.

Well this group scraps that’s for sure. 

But they also play to their competition, which is pretty infuriating

Maybe Flaherty brings a killer instinct to this team when he comes back? Doesn’t feel like there’s anyone else on the roster who will bingo that right now. 

Don’t think Oli instills that, Yadi and Albert are too busy leading the chuckle head gang. And as much as I like him him Waino is no Chris Carpenter. 

Anyone been following what Matt Carpenter has been doing since he got called up to the Yankees? he had a historical game (that's hard to do with that organization) yesterday.

He’s now slashing a monstrous .333/.467/1.125 with six homers and 13 RBI through his first 10 games with the Bombers. In doing so, he became the first player in Yankees franchise history to hit six home runs in his first 10 games with the ballclub.