The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone been following what Matt Carpenter has been doing since he got called up to the Yankees? he had a historical game (that's hard to do with that organization) yesterday.

He’s now slashing a monstrous .333/.467/1.125 with six homers and 13 RBI through his first 10 games with the Bombers. In doing so, he became the first player in Yankees franchise history to hit six home runs in his first 10 games with the ballclub.

"Doing Great" is one way to put it. He has 8 hits, 6 of them are HR.

Hes going all out on his swings, not the most sustainable approach, even in Yankee Stadium

28 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

"Doing Great" is one way to put it. He has 8 hits, 6 of them are HR.

Hes going all out on his swings, not the most sustainable approach, even in Yankee Stadium

I mean, he's played in 10 games and only has 24 AB's, so 8 hits isn't really less than what they'd hoped for at his best. He has an OPS of 1.100, so yah I think doing great is fair terminology.

Is is sustainable, absolutely not and he'll fall off the cliff sooner than later again, but it's a cool story none the less and I'm glad he's getting another shot at the majors and having some success before he goes out. He was always a class act guy. 

Edited by kgarrett12486

9 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone been following what Matt Carpenter has been doing since he got called up to the Yankees? he had a historical game (that's hard to do with that organization) yesterday.

He’s now slashing a monstrous .333/.467/1.125 with six homers and 13 RBI through his first 10 games with the Bombers. In doing so, he became the first player in Yankees franchise history to hit six home runs in his first 10 games with the ballclub.

Always happy to root for him, but that's the usual SSS issues.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Tommy Edman leads the ENTIRE league in WAR - 3.7

I'm assuming you're referring to bWAR?  fWAR has him 7th.  Ironically, the only player in the top 10 of in fWAR who has a wRC+ close is Dansby Swanson.

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Another embarrassing performance. The offense can’t even get going on a horrible pitcher… Somethings got to change. Absolutely no reason why this offense should be this bad. Get Albert the hell out of there.

You keep saying this, yet the numbers do not support you

We are Top 5 in Runs, Top 6 in Average, Top 10 in OBP, 13th in Slugging. We are middle of the road in Walk rate (15) and one of the Best 3 in K rate. When you split it up we are Top 4 in Avg vs Lefties, and still #11 in Avg vs Righties. 

And just to make sure we havent just been getting lucky, we are 12th in BABIP, so not an outlier there.

Add in #2 in Stolen Bases, this offense results in like Top 5 in WAR so far this year. 

Is it because we dont hit enough HRs for you? (were middle of the pack) But were also Top 6 in the league in Doubles.

The last 15 games we have scored 7-6-5-2-1-3-2-5-7-1-14-5-5-3-6, thats averaging 4.8 runs per game, actually higher than the season average (which is Top 6)

So again, in the face of verifiable facts, please tell me what it is about the Cardinals offense that is "embarrassing"

Im not even a Jeff Albert fan, but you continue to get in your feels about this team, and spout this stuff. Im sure you'll ignore this like you usually do, because its hard to dispute actual numbers vs the rest of the league 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

Was planning to go to the game today.  Decided to stay home because of the heat, and they still won.  Win-win.

Yeah, it is brutal out there.  I don't even want to walk out to my car after work.  I think yesterday was a little worse, but don't hold me to that.