The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Well, not starting off on the best foot...

Genesis Cabrera and Ricardo Sanchez are both confirmed positive for COVID. Alex Reyes, Carlos Martinez, Elehuris and Giovanny Gallegos are not present at this time. Martinez and Montero both traveled on the same flight as Cabrera and Gallegos is stuck in Mexico...

Jordan Hicks may not play at all this season due to his pre-existing diabetes and being high risk...

Oh, and we've now had to cancel two of the limited ST 2.0 workouts, as we can't get the COVID intake results processed timely...

I'll be shocked if we see this full 60 game season and playoffs come to completion... 

• Like 1

Jordan Hicks has officially opted out of the season, as I expected and noted earlier. His co-morbidity (diabetes)allow him to and he will receive his full pro rated salary...

Looks like the closer spot will either be Martinez or Helsley with Gallegos still out of the picture. 

The rotation is now set (Flaherty, Mikolas, Hudson, Martinez and Wainwright) and we now have clarity who will be the closer heading into the season (Kim)...

I actually really like this strategy by Schildt. Carlos (when he's right) can be a top of the rotation type pitcher. Kim never have been seen by MLB before could come in and have a Seung Wan-Oh type year at the back end...

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

He hasnt pitched in over a year and he is still costing us $7m, not sure what there is to celebrate

I would assume that it'd be because he was gone.  Not because he was some strong FA signing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume that it'd be because he was gone.  Not because he was some strong FA signing.

And my point is, he’s been “gone” for over a year, it’s was mostly a procedural move, but he is still costing us more money than nearly half of our explained opening day roster combined… still not sure where I’m supposed to celebrate 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

🤦‍♂️

Yah that sucks, should've just had it last offseason. PRP injections are pretty much worthless, so not really that much of a surprise as this has been recurring issue...

Wonder if we move Kim back into the rotation next go around. Ponce will get the start tomorrow...