The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

9 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

A lot of roster moves today. Carlson and Matz to the IL and Molina just got put on the bereavement list. 

Nootbaar, Liberatore, Junior Fernandez and Ivan Herrera have been called up. 

I didn't see Herrera included when I saw the original reporting on this. 

::EDIT:: Just saw Yadi is going on bereavement leave. That makes sense.  

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Big win last night and much needed with Hicks pitching tonight. Goldy is such a stud 

Yeah they've been playing better since Gorman got the call up but I wanted to see it against someone that wasn't the pirates. That was a good win. 

Hopefully they are getting hot for the series with the Brewers. 

The youth movement has definitely injected some life into this squad, which is nice to see.

If you're an opposing team, why are you pitching to Goldy right now? He's seriously the hottest hitter in MLB over the last month. I'd take my chances anywhere else in this lineup when he's locked in. 

We're gonna be in 1st place by weeks end. 

Im happy with the win last night, and Goldy is humming right now (hope Nolan rejoins him) but Im starting to think Marmol is going to be an issue for us. 

What in the world were we doing in the 10th inning?

Bader going for a bunt there is a philosophical difference, Im not going to crucify him for that, but you already pinch ran Nootbar for Dickerson, so a base hit should score him. Regardless of that, it looked like Bader has never bunted a ball in his life. If that bunt is so important to you, put Waino in there. If not, let Bader swing away. Hes already got a hit in the game, is hitting over .300 in the past week, forcing him to fight in an 0-2 count is just a poor decision.

Luckily we got a wild pitch, and Nootbar ends up on 3rd anyway. But here's the real issue, WHY are we pinch hitting Pujols? They are locked into Phelps there, Albert is swinging blind at Righties these days, and predictably, he looks like one of us up there swinging at balls 4 feet off the plate. Kizner is hitting fine when he gets to play, already has a hit tonight, and is way more likely to make contact in this spot than Albert is. With no GIDP possible, and a pop fly winning the game, AK was a much better option there.

But what really makes this a baffling mistake, is you know that Gorman is coming up, and you know they are going to want to bring in a Lefty to face the Rookie, and that is the EXACT situation you have Albert on the bench for. At the very least, the threat of Albert there makes them think about the decision to switch.

In the end, he got lucky, the Lefty couldnt find the zone. and we got all the way to Goldy. But it was just such an odd string of just bad choices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

McGreevy, Graceffo and Winn all were promoted to Double-A today. 

Hopefully I can catch a game where Graceffo is starting.  He's probably going to be a top 5 prospect when the season ends.