The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Sorry, i should've specified. He's one of the best RH bench/platoon bats on the market. 

That's what he'll be here. Siani is still the everyday CF on this team for his defense.

I read that Pham wallops LHP too, which is very useful. I know it was a pipe dream, but I wish we could have somehow landed Luis Robert Jr. I wish we had a star. Ours are old and boring now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Holy ****! Apparently all we gave up in the deal is Edman. If so, that is a steal for us.

Fedde was the best SP we could've gotten given the money situation and we also get another need in one of the top RH bats on market.

Not the Sox OF that I wanted (still think LRJ fixes alot of our problems) but I do really like getting Fedde for this year and next. I wouldnt hate just flipping Pham to a OF needy team either, maybe for a Pen arm?

Id imagine we are trying to flip Carlson for a BP arm, although, Id be ok if we dont, and we attach him to Matz and his contract in the offseason

Still need alot of guys (Nolan, Goldy, Noot) to turn the Pumpkin back into a Carriage if we are going to make a run, assuming they wont spend the money to get an impact bat

47 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I read that Pham wallops LHP too, which is very useful. I know it was a pipe dream, but I wish we could have somehow landed Luis Robert Jr. I wish we had a star. Ours are old and boring now lol

Walker+Herrea+Saggese for Robert, who says no?

37 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Walker+Herrea+Saggese for Robert, who says no?

The Cardinals because we're not moving Walker, nor are we taking on his remaining contract.

Ir was leaked from ownership circle that we're not adding any significant contract term/length for next few years. Until the RSN issues get resolved, I believe it too. We're arguably the franchise in the MLB that relies most on the TV money.

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not the Sox OF that I wanted (still think LRJ fixes alot of our problems) but I do really like getting Fedde for this year and next. I wouldnt hate just flipping Pham to a OF needy team either, maybe for a Pen arm?

Id imagine we are trying to flip Carlson for a BP arm, although, Id be ok if we dont, and we attach him to Matz and his contract in the offseason

Still need alot of guys (Nolan, Goldy, Noot) to turn the Pumpkin back into a Carriage if we are going to make a run, assuming they wont spend the money to get an impact bat

Don't think we're flipping Pham. Like @MOSteelers56pointed out, Pham mashes LHP and we have a big need for that. 

I still think we're going to get a 7th inning type RP on top of what we've done already.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The Cardinals because we're not moving Walker, nor are we taking on his remaining contract.

Ir was leaked from ownership circle that we're not adding any significant contract term/length for next few years. Until the RSN issues get resolved, I believe it too. We're arguably the franchise in the MLB that relies most on the TV money.

Pretending that there is no way we would move Walker is foolish. He is currently a depreciating asset. Could he bounce back? Sure, but this year has gone the completely wrong way, and it’s even worse than when I made the pitch a month ago (and you can as Victor Scott in that conversation as well)

And what the “leak” said would have nothing to do if we were to add Robert. Because we are clearing Goldy after this season as well as at least 2 of the 6 starting pitchers we have under control (which would be at least another $24m) where as Robert would be $15 mil in 2025, and then two TEAM options after that at $20m a piece. 

He’s actually the perfect piece for what they are saying, which is they arent raising the payroll (which we already knew) or giving out the 7 year deals that some teams have. Even doing because of their uncertainty. A 3 year deal does not fall under that umbrella

because if it does, then the team as currently constructed is just not sustainable, and they should be having a fire sales, hope the returns pan out in the next 3 years till they feel the landscape is more predictable or just sell the team all together. I’m not suggesting 9 years at $40m a pop. It’s 3 years for $55m total. If we can’t fit that into the plan, we are now a poverty franchise

27 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I want Fairbanks. But that won’t happen 

I do too, but not at these market prices.

The Padres gave up (3) of their top (5) prospects for Tanner Scott, so that's essentially what you'd be looking at.