49ers sign DT Javon Hargrave (4 years, $84M, $40M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, adamq said:

You are being extremely ridiculous 

Or do you think jauan Jennings is brandon aiyuk 

Aiyuk is booty Breh. You won’t miss him. You don’t need him. He isn’t no 1600k sleeper. He’s a 800-1000’guy max. You let those chumps walk all day. The run game though! Nasty good. I’m jelly of that. All I heard in the off season how Agressive the browns GM was going to be. Dude missed out on a huge get. Javon is a beast. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

When you going to change that Avi to someone your team didn't discard like day old pizza and still currently plays for the Rams? I get that it's tough to know who is on the rams with them currently dumping people at a rate Elon Musk and twitter would be jealous of. 

To be successful you must go back. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's always great to pick up a fantastic player, but they still don't have a QB. I heard reports saying Purdy would be back by the start of the season, but other reports are saying he won't be.

He's right around the cut off. Due back like first week of September. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts week one, won't be surprised if they give Lance weeks 1 and 2 and Purdy comes back week 3. 

But Purdy will be back early enough, so they have their starter

• Like 1

Very excited for this signing, and it was a pleasure to wake up to this type of news. The 49ers acquiring a big time interior presence was the #1 dream scenario for me as a fan to envision this offseason, but I didn't think it was practical with the cap-strapped 49ers. But yet again the franchise's financial ninja Paraag Marathe continues to show why he's one of the best in the business at shuffling, and juggling capital while not sequestering the team into another salary-cap dystopia.

Armstead and Bosa needed another high profile big man on the inside to help shoulder the load, and now Hargrove will be the best guy to step into that role since Buckner left. On paper, this should really help the defense maintain it's muscle. Wilks might be able to just go on auto pilot while the dogs feast. Injury-luck is the only thing that needs to go the 49ers way. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2