Bears Waive McBride III

HuskieBear

2 of the 8 catches he made came on completely busted coverages and his blocking has been crap. 

This is a guy that hung around TN for a few years and never contributed either despite their WR group being nearly as bad as the Bears.

He has some physical ability but it has never translated.

He will not be missed.

I'm not saying he was great, but he did have the most yards in a game for us this year, 92, so he has technically produced more in a game than any other receiver. Now lets look at our WR core now. 

1. Inman - legitimately an NFL receiver
  2. Wright- also an NFL receiver
  3. Wheaton- 1 catch all year, right?
  4. Bellamy- legit just for special teams

I don't think i missed anyone. 

I think this might mean thay we see Kevin White back before the season is done . He was in attendance at the Philly game and usually players who are on IR and not destined to return in the season don't join the team on road trips.

Maybe McBride was coked up in a Philly club until all hours of the night on Saturday... 

(Sorry - couldn’t help myself)

He’s not good. He’s effectively been replaced by a superior player in Inman. He’s totally expendable and the very definition of “just a guy.” Maybe this means we’ll actually see Wright get the amount of reps he merits in this receiver group (which is as many as he can handle). 

32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think this might mean thay we see Kevin White back before the season is done . He was in attendance at the Philly game and usually players who are on IR and not destined to return in the season don't join the team on road trips.

This wouldn’t shock me, and frankly would be a good thing. Good or not, White if healthy is a top 3 WR in the crew we have right now. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not sure they're connected. I think we'll see a new WR about before Sunday--new meaning not White. Probably, if White does come back, there'll be another cut to facilitate that. 

White back early would be great,  maybe we'd get some resolution as to whether there is any skill there anymore. 

I was hearing on Berntstein that some other teams had taken White off their boards because of injury concerns... Does anyone remember that? I sure didn't and I don't know how you predict broken bones frankly.

14 hours ago, topwop1 said:

You left a word out. "...might mean that we see Kevin White INJURE his back before the season is done."

The nature of his injuries aren't an indicator that he isn't dedicated. They do mean he can't step onto the field without getting major injuries.

Even if we get lucky and he claims a starting spot which isn't too difficult for this team and gives us at least journeyman production for the rest of 2017 I still don't see how we can go into 2018 counting on him. Given our lousy luck over the last several years, he'lll probably just show enough and show it long enough that we sign him to an extension and three plays later he'll suffer his next season ending injury.

Archived