Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

That a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years probably shouldn't rely on a rookie QB when one of the greatest QBs of all time publicly states he wants to play for you. 

They aren't getting MVP Rodgers. Last year showed that. If he were still MVP Rodgers were not having these discussions.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

One first round pick is not "selling the farm." 

Are we nit picking phrases or having a discussion? What would you give up for Rodgers if you were the Jets? Is he worth a first? Two? 

Edited by Pool

26 minutes ago, Pool said:

I think it ultimately ends up being a 2nd this year and like a 3rd next year. The Packers and Rodgers are past the point of no return. There is no backing out. The Jets? They can back out anytime and spin it that the Packers wanted 3 first round picks to save face. If I am the Jets I'm walking to the table with my final take it or leave it offer. In no way am I giving up a first round pick let alone multiple for 1 to 2 years of Rodgers especially after how he played at times last season.

The Jets don’t have feasible options at QB either. The Jets go from fielding a team with SB aspirations to a team that’d be lucky to finish third in the division. The Packers? They lose a Day 2 pick (that they wouldn’t even have if Rodgers followed through and retired). The Packers have both less upside and less downside. 

Like I’ve said, both sides have leverage. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

What everyone other than Jets fans say he's worth.

Pick #13 and a conditional pick based on him playing in 2024.

Ok, I can see that. It's more than I'd be willing to give up if I am the Jets but I can see it. Follow up question though. How satisfied were you with Rodgers play last year? Was his level of play on par with previous seasons? Because the games I watched he just looked a little off and I say this as a Bears fan who feels pretty dang indifferent about him staying or leaving GB and I certainly never felt that way before. 

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Jets don’t have feasible options at QB either. The Jets go from fielding a team with SB aspirations to a team that’d be lucky to finish third in the division. The Packers? They lose a Day 2 pick (that they wouldn’t even have if Rodgers followed through and retired). The Packers have both less upside and less downside. 

Like I’ve said, both sides have leverage. 

I see it from both sides as well and agree with your point here. The only thing in my mind that gives the edge to the Jets is them being able to just walk away clean. I don't see how the Packers get out of this clean if no trade takes place. No other team wants him and the longer they drag this out the harder it will even be for other teams to afford him.

Just now, Pool said:

I see it from both sides as well and agree with your point here. The only thing in my mind that gives the edge to the Jets is them being able to just walk away clean. I don't see how the Packers get out of this clean if no trade takes place. No other team wants him and the longer they drag this out the harder it will even be for other teams to afford him.

I’m not sure what it would look like if that were to happen. Does Rodgers “stick around” for the millions? Does he retire, like he initially wanted (allegedly)? Who knows. That’s definitely a headache that GB doesn’t want to deal with, for sure. How much are they willing to abide by “take what we can get” and avoid a headache vs gambling for a better pick?

And even then, do the Jets realistically walk away? Sure, they could, especially if GB draws that hard line in the sand at something crazy. But if it’s just for one FRP? Does the fan base or the owner not riot? 

I don’t know the answer to these questions, lol. But I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to speculate…

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not sure what it would look like if that were to happen. Does Rodgers “stick around” for the millions? Does he retire, like he initially wanted (allegedly)? Who knows. That’s definitely a headache that GB doesn’t want to deal with, for sure. How much are they willing to abide by “take what we can get” and avoid a headache vs gambling for a better pick?

And even then, do the Jets realistically walk away? Sure, they could, especially if GB draws that hard line in the sand at something crazy. But if it’s just for one FRP? Does the fan base or the owner not riot? 

I don’t know the answer to these questions, lol. But I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to speculate…

We'll know whose the better poker player when it's all over. I'll say with some certainty that the longer this drags out the worse its going to be for all involved.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What everyone other than Jets fans say he's worth.

Pick #13 and a conditional pick based on him playing in 2024.

Are people really saying that though?  I feel like most non-Packers fans have agreed the Jets shouldn't give up a 1st round pick.  But maybe I haven't been following along well enough.

I personally would not give up #13 for him and I wouldn't even consider it.  One season and you have to win the Super Bowl to make it worth it.  What are the odds of that happening, especially in a loaded conference?  

Just now, iknowcool said:

Are people really saying that though?  I feel like most non-Packers fans have agreed the Jets shouldn't give up a 1st round pick.  But maybe I haven't been following along well enough.

I personally would not give up #13 for him and I wouldn't even consider it.  One season and you have to win the Super Bowl to make it worth it.  What are the odds of that happening, especially in a loaded conference?  

Agreed. A 1st for him is crazy. The dude was 90% leaning towards retiring a couple weeks ago. One average season on a new team won't ignite his desire to keep on playing imo.

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

My thoughts exactly. Adding Rodgers doesn't make them the favorites to win the SuperBowl. It may not even make them the favorites to win their division.....

PkXDQOC.png

Throwing this out here too just to backup what I said. This isn't MVP Rodgers the Jets are getting.  This is a Rodgers who looked past his prime last season and significantly worse than he had in years past.