Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Throwing this out here too just to backup what I said. This isn't MVP Rodgers the Jets are getting.  This is a Rodgers who looked past his prime last season and significantly worse than he had in years past. 

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Are people really saying that though?  I feel like most non-Packers fans have agreed the Jets shouldn't give up a 1st round pick.  But maybe I haven't been following along well enough.

I personally would not give up #13 for him and I wouldn't even consider it.  One season and you have to win the Super Bowl to make it worth it.  What are the odds of that happening, especially in a loaded conference?  

I'd be fine with a conditional first next year, but I've said before that I'd be surprised if pick 13 is involved this year (unless it involves a flip with 15).

Second this year, second that becomes a first next year under whatever circumstances are agreed on. If a flip of 13 and 15 is what it takes to get it done beyond that, fine

The packer fans trying to act like this was a 5d chess move by the GM are idiots, he's inept and the reason we are in this terrible situation. We'll probably get late first/early second round pick value. That's really good considering the alternative is paying him tons of money to retire. We obviously don't want them to compete in camp as we know how that story ends and benching him without a competition makes your organization look like an absolute joke.

Green Bay is already the toughest destination to get free agents and that's with 30 years of elite QB play in a row. Let's get a fair deal back and get it over with. Going the petty route with your historic franchises best player is just bad PR for future players. He's been nothing but great to Love as a mentor despite the pick making no sense. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be fine with a conditional first next year, but I've said before that I'd be surprised if pick 13 is involved this year (unless it involves a flip with 15).

Second this year, second that becomes a first next year under whatever circumstances are agreed on. If a flip of 13 and 15 is what it takes to get it done beyond that, fine

And I'd venture a guess that most Packers' fans would be fine with that.  But that's not what Jets' fans are offering.  There was a conditional Day 3 pick(s) being discussed as "fair value" for Rodgers by at least 1 Jets' fan. Feels like the mean has been something along the lines a late Day 2 pick this year plus a Day 2 pick next year depending on what 2023 pick was conveyed.

50 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed. A 1st for him is crazy. The dude was 90% leaning towards retiring a couple weeks ago. One average season on a new team won't ignite his desire to keep on playing imo.

I love Rodgers but the only reason he's still playing IMO is to not have his HoF overshadowed by Brady. And one year on new team is kind of dumb, so I think he'll play two. 

The man wants to have fun outside of football and also settle down. 

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And I'd venture a guess that most Packers' fans would be fine with that.  But that's not what Jets' fans are offering.  There was a conditional Day 3 pick(s) being discussed as "fair value" for Rodgers by at least 1 Jets' fan. Feels like the mean has been something along the lines a late Day 2 pick this year plus a Day 2 pick next year depending on what 2023 pick was conveyed.

As a neutral fan thats where I land. Jets second rounder this year is about right but if the Packers want multiple picks, a third and future second also makes sense.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Weren't you the one who I argued that the Khalil Mack trade was a bad idea because Trubisky was a bust?

Oh lord lol You want to bring up arguments from 5 years ago to attempt to discredit me? You are tooooo much my friend!