Jets trade Moore and 3rd rounder to CLE for Pick 42

Bobby816

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Thank you all!!!

I know he requested the trade but he probably saw the writing on the wall with Wilson. 

Hopefully y’all get Rodgers soon this second rounder should definitely help with that. 

win win as long as you get your guy. 

They still need a backup QB behind Rodgers though. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a fan of this at all. Puts Moores value as a early 3rd in value.

I have a feeling this makes room for OBJ.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a fan of this at all. Puts Moores value as a early 3rd in value.

I have a feeling this makes room for OBJ.

Like everything else I have no idea what is going on.. There better. be more to this trade than I see

25 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I really don't  like this trade. Elijah Moore was the 34th pick 2 years ago, so basically we traded him and a 3rd for a 42nd pick? Seems like horrible value. Couldn't even get a 2nd straight up for him.

It seemed a little strange to me too, from the outside looking in. I understand if you want to trade him but why give up the 3rd round pick too?

56 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

4.33 Hardman 

4.38 Wilson

4.48 Davis

Lazard is the only slower one here but hes a big body

Davis ran that 40 how many injuries and years ago? He’s not a sub 4.5 guy anymore and he likely isn’t part of the team anyway.

E.M. no doubt is a football player and an exceptional talent with plenty of upside. But his pouting and grandstanding can't be tolerated in the locker or against a coach. The first year E.M. was playing with the Jets I remember a game where AVT chased him down and chastised him for his behavior. You can hear AVT telling E.M. we don't do that here. Moore then followed AVT back on to the field.

Moore was actually leaving the field when he was chased down. Secondly you don't curse out your coach in any way shape or form, if you have a gripe with your coach then behind close doors vent your frustration. 

Such behavior is a cancer in the locker room and is detrimental to team cohesiveness. Such actions if gone unchecked will embolden all the players to show disrespect to their coaches.

Lastly he pouted that he wanted to be traded, this is a guy with 1.6 years of NFL experience and although he showed he can be a good football player. He has shown he is immensely immature as a young man. 

My hope is he turns his NFL career around. But if he doesn't change his attitude expect the same character flaws to surface in Cleveland. Then like so many before him within a few years he will be out of the league. Why? Because for all the talent in the world he's too much of a headache to have on your team and is unable to reign in his emotions. 

Which coach will he curse next, when will he demand he be traded next, what will it take for him to leave his teammates on the field while he pouts in the locker.

Best to you E.M. 

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

My problem is we have the same amount of picks. Figuring a 2023 pick is going for Rodgers I would have liked to gain a pick. 

Maybe JD is going all in and offering 2024 1st+ and wants to stock up again this year. 

We can always trade back from 13 and pick up additional draft capitol. JD has done that in the past.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Last years class really is saving him his job. He doesn’t get AR likely his job is on the line after this next season if we don’t make the playoffs.

Just the rumor that he drafts good and doesn’t lose trades is becoming false. 2/19 draft picks worth anything previous to last year and he just lost this Moore trade.

Seriously, which GM hits it on all their picks is a falsehood too. But look at JD record on the whole. His plan to rebuild the Jets was solid, did he miss on some picks? Yes, but do we forget all the guy's he pick up in FA and the waver wire that helped this team. How we went from almost last in D in 2022 and became a powerhouse in 2023. Q Williams was a pickup, JFM was a pick up, Herbig was a pickup.  To your point JD had such a good draft last year, one for the ages, one that will be spoken of 20 years from now.  Mike White was a pick up. Its not always about the draft picks. 

JD inherited a crap bowl of a team decimated by a decade of poor management. If Wilson developed like we all hoped he would the conversation would have been different. The 49ers were willing to send 3 number ones to the Jets for the chance at drafting Wilson. 

But if your really going to criticize the Jets do so when they passed on Mahomes, on Watson, and Prescott who they had in for a visit. Mac ignored everyone else who told him to draft Mahomes.  So the Jets before JD was an absolute disaster. 

Some of you guys have to get off your high horse demanding, DEMANDING, that the Jets should fire JD if they don't make the playoffs. Amazing, then what? Some other team will scoop him up faster than you can blink an eye and tell him, by the way bring your staff too. Build our team.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s not the end of the world. It’s the equivalent to buying a house for 750k and selling it for 675k 2 years later. It’s not awful. But youd hope to had gotten more out of it.

Nope, it is the equivalent of buying a house for $750k, then finding out it has termites or is haunted or any reason that requires to sell low 2 years later.