Raiders sign CB Duke Shelley

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Another Moneyball signing. Cheap, Young player with upside that can pop with more playing time.

Many criticize Ziegler but the signings are making sense without breaking the bank or signing over the hill talent

I just can't get over how Ziegler and co. shot themselves in the foot so poorly with the Carr situation. That to me is still unforgivable. 

Some Vikes info on him:

50 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

wow.

I hope this doesn't go back and bite them in the butt. Really surprising to me.

by them, i mean the Vikings. This is probably a cheap deal and at times he was the Vikings best corner last year. Really puzzling they let him walk with the barrenness of the CB room.

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

He played well for us last year and was arguably our best CB at times. He's got that dawg in him.

7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

low down on Shelley...

He's small; like 5'8 small. But he plays bigger than his stature. He was a boundary guy for us, and I think they tried him inside at chicago and he wasn't very good there.

He's good in zone and cover 3. I am not sure how he will do in a man scheme if you ask him to stick to a receiver across the entire field.

We wanted him back because our CB room is Byron Murphy and basically 2nd year guys that barely played last year due to injuries.

But he was at times, our best cb last year in a zone scheme. 

Worst case he's solid competition at a major position of need.