Raiders sign CB Duke Shelley

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, true2form said:

Only concern I have is why didn't the Vikes keep him and why did no one else offer him better than a 1 year deal?  

1 year production and size I would guess. And Vikes defense was terrible, so easy to write off the pieces on a bad unit (see Raiders).

Good buy low option to prove last year wasn't a fluke. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

1 year production and size I would guess. And Vikes defense was terrible, so easy to write off the pieces on a bad unit (see Raiders).

Plus we should have the cap room next offseason to sign him long term if he pans out.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Probably right.  I guess I'll just be hopeful he continues to play well then and it wasn't a fluke.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He also reportedly switched agents super late in the process which hurt his market. 

On 3/24/2023 at 9:39 PM, Nightmare said:

Flores coming in and wanting his own guys would be my guess.

The interesting part there, that PG and Flores has ties and run some similar stuff in the back end...one would think Flores would like Duke's press ability...I guess he is too short for Flores...

• Like 1