Raiders sign CB Duke Shelley

RaidersAreOne

Just now, raidr4life said:

By playing like crap. 

id play like crap for one seson to triple my guaranteed money too. 
not sure how that is shooting yourself in the foot? 

The nfl is a business. . . he tripled his money .. . I think he did well for himself.
Please tell me how tripling your money, is shooting yourself in the foot?

I remember Duke from last year, he balled out. I want to see how much he is getting paid but good move. Probably means that Rock is going to find a new team. Rock is probably better, but Duke is the same tier. Both guys are solid starters. I’ll rather have Duke on a team friendly deal over Rock asking for a lot of money. I personally don’t believe in paying DBs big money unless their difference makers. Rock is good but not lock down and shouldn’t be paid lock down money. Use that money on difference makers, and the trenches. Have to get young value 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Another Moneyball signing. Cheap, Young player with upside that can pop with more playing time.

Many criticize Ziegler but the signings are making sense without breaking the bank or signing over the hill talent

No problem with this, the Hooper, Epps or Long signings. They all seem decent value. I think the criticism is due to us having a gaping hole at DT and IOL and we’ve conspicuously not addressed at all and most people know that most matches are won and lost in the trenches. 

Rookie DTs typically take a year or two to mature so it’s not unreasonable to think we might not get much out of a rookie at that spot, hence the need to have a capable vet already installed at the position so we don’t have to rely on the rookie. We may well add some FA DTs that get cut later but seeing as our perceived biggest holes at interior OLine and interior DLine have seemingly been ignored whilst we’ve overloaded at receiver for example has drawn some valid criticism.

Hopefully we nail the draft and still add a couple trench guys that make an impact and all could be well. It’s not the strategy most of us would have chosen but we’ll see I guess…….

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need a CB1 and this group looks good. 

Luckily, there are several potential CB1s in this draft. I can see Weatherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter, Ringo, Forbes, Smith or Banks all being potential CB1 in future, some are more polished than others but they all have that potential IMO. There are bound to be lower round CBs too who will surprise also.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

id play like crap for one seson to triple my guaranteed money too. 
not sure how that is shooting yourself in the foot? 

The nfl is a business. . . he tripled his money .. . I think he did well for himself.
Please tell me how tripling your money, is shooting yourself in the foot?

Lmao keep telling yourself he tripled his money he was due 40m and 42m for the Raiders the next 2 years. He's getting like 65m the first 2 years of his Saints contract then they have an out to cut him. So he took a pay cut.

Edited by raidr4life

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao keep telling yourself he tripled his money he was due 40m and 42m for the Raiders the next 2 years. He's getting like 65m the first 2 years of his Saints contract then they have an out to cut him. So he took a pay cut.

read what i wrote. . .guaranteed money... Do you know what that means in the nfl?
It is a very big deal, and why the raiders were able to get rid of carr after one season, when fans like you were crying we signed him for 40 a year, when we never paid him close to that. 
only guaranteed money matters. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

read what i wrote. . .guaranteed money... Do you know what that means in the nfl?
It is a very big deal, and why the raiders were able to get rid of carr after one season, when fans like you were crying we signed him for 40 a year, when we never paid him close to that. 
only guaranteed money matters. 

The only part of his contract that's fully guaranteed is the 60 mil. The Saints can cut him before the rest Kicks in . Lol read the contracts.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The only part of his contract that's fully guaranteed is the 60 mil. The Saints can cut him before the rest Kicks in . Lol read the contracts.

yes and the raiders could cut carr before the rest kicked in . . . remember? we just cut him. so his guaranteed money went up. 
Carrs bad play, shot the raiders in the foot, not Carr. 
Raiders ended up paying Carr 5 mil for this upcoming season, and get nothing back. 
Carr gets paid from two teams this year. . . 60 guaranteed from saints, plus 5 from Raiders. . .

Unfortunately his bad play hurt the Raiders way more than Carr. 

Dont care to discuss this anymore, hes off the team. 
ill give you the win, paying Carr 5 mil to play for the saints is a win for the Raiders and hurts Carr!
Enjoy

Edited by BackinBlack

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yes and the raiders could cut carr before the rest kicked in . . . remember? we just cut him. so his guaranteed money went up. 
Carrs bad play, shot the raiders in the foot, not Carr. 
Raiders ended up paying Carr 5 mil for this upcoming season, and get nothing back. 
Carr gets paid from two teams this year. . . 60 guaranteed from saints, plus 5 from Raiders. . .

Unfortunately his bad play hurt the Raiders way more than Carr. 

Dont care to discuss this anymore, hes off the team. 
ill give you the win, paying Carr 5 mil to play for the saints is a win for the Raiders and hurts Carr!
Enjoy

Lol if he didn't play bad he'd be making more money with the Raiders no matter how you want to spin it.  82m is more than 65m for 2 years. Nobody said it was a win for the Raiders but taking a pay cut ain't a win for him either. Enjoy!