Official Minor League and Amateur Baseball Thread

beekay414

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I caught that Tennessee/Clemson game the other night.  That was wild.  Down 4-2 with 2 outs in the 9th and Tennessee hit a 3-run bomb.  Clemson got one back and forced extras, but Tennessee eventually won.  I don't like Tennessee or their coach at all, but that was fun.  

Watching all the games this weekend, I've made the following observation. It's mind-blowing and very astute, I know, but...

Wake Forest...is good.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Watching all the games this weekend, I've made the following observation. It's mind-blowing and very astute, I know, but...

Wake Forest...is good.

For sure.  LSU obviously has the Crews/Skenes combo, but Wake is just so deep.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

For sure.  LSU obviously has the Crews/Skenes combo, but Wake is just so deep.

Obviously anything can happen but LSU and Florida might be the only legitimate threats to them at this point and Florida's in another must win game right now. 

2023 Super Regionals

#16 Alabama at #1 Wake Forest
Texas at #8 Stanford

#12 Kentucky at #5 LSU
Tennessee at Southern Miss

#15 South Carolina at #2 Florida
Duke at #7 Virginia

Oral Roberts at Oregon
#14 Indiana State at TCU (TCU hosting due to accommodation limitations in Terre Haute)

6 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Stanford pitcher Quinn Matthews just threw a complete game win against Texas in which he threw 156 pitches. His head coach must be a ghost who managed baseball teams in the 1940s when he was alive.

These coaches don't give two ****s about what happens to these kids after they leave campus. That much has become very apparent watching these playoffs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

These coaches don't give two ****s about what happens to these kids after they leave campus. That much has become very apparent watching these playoffs. 

My D-II coach treated me like a piece of meat and that was 15 years ago. Things have not changed since and won’t as long as baseball is an at will scholarship sport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My D-II coach treated me like a piece of meat and that was 15 years ago. Things have not changed since and won’t as long as baseball is an at will scholarship sport.

You wanna know the fun part about dude throwing 156 pitches? They were up by 5 runs...

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 1:40 PM, beekay414 said:

Brock Wilken certainly isn't hurting his draft stock this postseason.

On 6/12/2023 at 9:06 AM, beekay414 said:

You wanna know the fun part about dude throwing 156 pitches? They were up by 5 runs...

That's so gross.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...