GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Very interesting pick from the Falcons. I personally wouldn't draft Robinson in the top 10, especially given how many holes the Falcons roster has right now

I don't disagree with you the problem to me was matching need/style to value at pick,much rather of traded down but got no offers.

CB-woulda took Gonzanles if he was there,but don't think Other top CB fits the style of play of Falcons and none of the others are top 10 Picks to me.

Edge-to me there was none that amount to being a top 10 pick left

So came down for reaching for need or reaching for BPA and I went BPA that fits what the coach wants to do in running the football.

Oline was also considered but this seemed high for RT or OG and they have to much money tied up to replace Matthews in next 2 years

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And Tyler Algeier looked really good down the stretch last year.  But if they are going to give Ridder a year, best way to help him is running the ball, a lot.

This certainly does make sense, help out your young QB by establishing the run game. Also you can argue that Robinson is a top 5 talent in the draft if you take away the positional value of RB aspect.

Heck, I wouldn't complain if the Eagles did this IRL at 10 from a BPA standpoint and potential fit with the offense (although I would be surprised if Howie actually does this based on draft history)

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I've been trying to offload 11 for two days and no bites.  Might as well just pick.

Agreed. Once you got past pick 10 the odds of someone wanting to jump up go down drastically with this year’s class. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I've been trying to offload 11 for two days and no bites.  Might as well just pick.

(1) clearly thought there would be a slide on talent (Bijan, Christian, Nolan)

(2) have to revisit my thoughts

#12 is still up for sale... willing to consider 2nd round picks coupled with 2024 1sts

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

(1) clearly thought there would be a slide on talent (Bijan, Christian, Nolan)

(2) have to revisit my thoughts

#12 is still up for sale... willing to consider 2nd round picks coupled with 2024 1sts

I can offer Brandon Aiyuk, that's all I got

50 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't disagree with you the problem to me was matching need/style to value at pick,much rather of traded down but got no offers.

CB-woulda took Gonzanles if he was there,but don't think Other top CB fits the style of play of Falcons and none of the others are top 10 Picks to me.

Edge-to me there was none that amount to being a top 10 pick left

So came down for reaching for need or reaching for BPA and I went BPA that fits what the coach wants to do in running the football.

Oline was also considered but this seemed high for RT or OG and they have to much money tied up to replace Matthews in next 2 years

I myself am not a big fan of drafting RB in top 10 but if he top 10 material by standard then you have no choice but take him.  However, I think there is one CB that should fit in your defense as top 10 pick.