Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

I don’t know how real the divide between the FO/Owner and staff was on the quarterback, but man does it feel real. And giving up DJ Moore in that trade package seems like a way to put your young guy in an unfairly poor situation. 

They had to give up Moore to get their young guy. 

Personally, if Reich and his staff wanted Stroud but Tepper wanted Young and they soured on each other because of it, then a quick divorce was inevitable. 

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Ertz got released from Arizona. I could see him going back to Philly. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could bring him in. We haven’t had another TE to counter Kittle since Jordan Reed.

Reliable pass catcher, but he's not really a tight end if we are being honest. He's probably a more reliable ross dwelley at this point, tbh. 

• Like 1

With the Seahawks already floundering on the season, it would have been nice if they could have beaten the Cowboys to give the 49ers some breathing room for that 2nd seed. Especially if things go wrong in Philadelphia. Oh well. Good game. Seahawks need to go to their throwbacks full-time. 

31 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

With the Seahawks already floundering on the season, it would have been nice if they could have beaten the Cowboys to give the 49ers some breathing room for that 2nd seed. Especially if things go wrong in Philadelphia. Oh well. Good game. Seahawks need to go to their throwbacks full-time. 

I don’t think Dallas and us will be fighting for the #2 seed. It’s divisional and since we are on top of the west, i think we will anywhere from 1-4 seed. Dallas has to beat Philly’s record to get on top. They are sitting at 5 and won’t be able to get any higher without beating Phillys final record, unless I’m completely wrong 

• Like 2

If we're ultimately unable to get the 1 seed, I'd rather Dallas get it than Philly, because that ultimately makes Philly's road more difficult, and if we end up having to play both, vs PHI, @DAL is probably less difficult than vs DAL, @PHI

Edited by jonnguy2015

52 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I don’t think Dallas and us will be fighting for the #2 seed. It’s divisional and since we are on top of the west, i think we will anywhere from 1-4 seed. Dallas has to beat Philly’s record to get on top. They are sitting at 5 and won’t be able to get any higher without beating Phillys final record, unless I’m completely wrong 

Yeah sorry I glitched out on the seeding for a moment. Weird. 

With the South being lackluster, it would just come down to most likely the Lions and 49ers for that #2 seed with Dallas/Philly battling it out for 1-3 seeding depending on who wins the East. 

I guess I'll be rooting for our old NFC chums the Saints (barf) this weekend to knock down Detroit a peg. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In a weird way, the 2nd or 3rd seed may be better this year as that would avoid the Cowboys/Eagles until the NFCCG. Unless there is a big upset, the top four NFC teams should be able to advance to the divisional round. 

I would agree except for the fact that the 1 seed gets a bye. That is the biggest thing to me. Give our guys a chance to rest and the coaching staff time to do a deep dive into every playoff team. 

Plus, knowing there is no way we go to philly in January would be great (although it is not a forgone conclusion that the weather in the bay area will be nice in January). Additionally, the last game the cowboys lost at home was against Jimmy Garoppolo in the playoffs. which is kind of crazy. 

Ultimately, I do not expect us to get the 1 seed considering we need help and the fact we play the ravens and eagles. Eagles cowboys ravens niners chiefs dolphins are without question the best 6 teams in the NFL. Just need to stay healthy. We are in a great spot even without the 1 seed. 

TLDR Health/rest >> opponent 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 5

On 12/1/2023 at 5:09 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

In a weird way, the 2nd or 3rd seed may be better this year as that would avoid the Cowboys/Eagles until the NFCCG. Unless there is a big upset, the top four NFC teams should be able to advance to the divisional round. 

It's possible, but I could see a team like Green Bay just as easily upsetting the Lions and the 2 seed ends up getting the Dallas / philly wildcard team.