Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

I'm fairly worried about that game. They really might be our kryptonite. Good linebackers and an excellent running game

I'm not afraid of them (very concerned if AA and hargrave are still out) even though I agree they present a very tough matchup just in terms of strengths / weaknesses. They are less concerning than Philadelphia was last year to me

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not afraid of them (very concerned if AA and hargrave are still out) even though I agree they present a very tough matchup just in terms of strengths / weaknesses. They are less concerning than Philadelphia was last year to me

Agreed.

The only thing that scares me right now is injuries.Ā 

hopefully Seattle beats Philly tomorrow and then we're free-rolling the Ravens and it doesn't matter.Ā 

Ā 

Yes I'm back. been out of the loop for a while

had to do a factory re-set on my computer in early November and totally forgot about coming here.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Disagree, I know we would be able to move the ball and score vs the Eagles fairly easy. But the Ravens defense is so filthy and rangy. They can take away a lot of what we like to do offensively. Jackson can make our undisciplined edges pay and our run defense was so rough yesterday that this could be a bad match up, even with Mitchell's unfortunate injury. Still think we win but the Ravens have been dominant all season. Almost always ahead in games.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Disagree, I know we would be able to move the ball and score vs the Eagles fairly easy. But the Ravens defense is so filthy and rangy. They can take away a lot of what we like to do offensively. Jackson can make our undisciplined edges pay and our run defense was so rough yesterday that this could be a bad match up, even with Mitchell's unfortunate injury. Still think we win but the Ravens have been dominant all season. Almost always ahead in games.Ā 

The eagles last year were a different level than this Ravens team imo

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

The eagles last year were a different level than this Ravens team imo

Missed the last year part.

I mean yeah, that's a fair opinion. But for THIS YEAR, I've been saying the Raves are our toughest match up since like week 5 or 6. They are just good all around and have an athletic and rangy defense. When they lock in defensively, they can dominate on a level above any other defense...minus early season Browns defense.Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Missed the last year part.

I mean yeah, that's a fair opinion. But for THIS YEAR, I've been saying the Raves are our toughest match up since like week 5 or 6. They are just good all around and have an athletic and rangy defense. When they lock in defensively, they can dominate on a level above any other defense...minus early season Browns defense.Ā 

Yea, for me its their interior that is the most troubling. They're good on the edges but I think they're blockable in most one-on-one situations. Its that interior with Pierce, Smith, Queen & Hamilton is where I believe the biggest difference is between them and just good defenses like Dallas, Jax & Philly, who lack that stout play @LB and safety to really stifle our run game.

We will have our moments but I really see us struggling to control the LOS and this being one of those games where every down on offense matters and having to piece together drives. I don't see that defense giving up the huge chunk plays that have become routine on our current run.Ā 

As much as I believed Philly was a bad match-up, that Ravens defense, couple with Lamar on offense is that bad match-up x 10.Ā 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Not looking good for Geno playing. Hopefully the Seahawks can pull out a miracle.

Thought Lock played fairly well against us, and with the Eagles having a bottom 5 pass D and Slay out I hope DK/Lockett/JSN can torch them if the O-line gives him enough time to throw