Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

My disdain for Mac 'n' Cheese is no secret.

That being said, in a back-up role I wouldn't be mad at all.

I really think Darnold comes back for one more year though.

That performance against the Lambs wasn't enough to sway any GM or HC imo.

He may want a chance to actually get on the field somewhere else, which I totally get.

But I think having some continuity in Shanny's system could be better for his development in the long run.

Meh I don’t know. I saw a tweet that Mac’s personality is just horrible! Zappe their backup rookie had to watch tape in a separate room because of it. 

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Meh I don’t know. I saw a tweet that Mac’s personality is just horrible! Zappe their backup rookie had to watch tape in a separate room because of it. 

Hmmmmm...don't care for the attitude rumor, but I liked his rookie year results.

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Chicago also released Safety - Eddie Jackson. Shocked about that. Always liked him, but it wouldn’t make sense for us 

It would if Gip isn't brought back. 

Huf won't likely be ready until the start of the regular season and he's probably not himself right away.

Only healthy safety on the roster with playing experience right now is Brown. And he's coming off a rookie year where a injury forced him on to the field sooner than most had anticipated.

If the price is right, we should be in the market for any DB who wants come here on the cheap, for a chance to win a ring. Not saying that's Jackson but anyone who has shown they are capable on the backend, should be in play.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:51 PM, 757-NINER said:

It would if Gip isn't brought back. 

Huf won't likely be ready until the start of the regular season and he's probably not himself right away.

Only healthy safety on the roster with playing experience right now is Brown. And he's coming off a rookie year where a injury forced him on to the field sooner than most had anticipated.

If the price is right, we should be in the market for any DB who wants come here on the cheap, for a chance to win a ring. Not saying that's Jackson but anyone who has shown they are capable on the backend, should be in play.

i really like our secondary of D-mo, Ward, Brown and Huff.  just need to find a nickel and we're golden. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Buccaneers are releasing two-time Pro Bowl outside linebacker Shaquil Barrett, per sources.

Barrett had a $15.04 million option bonus due next month. Instead of collecting it, he now will become a free agent.

Seriously?! One year deal candidate or is he too talented and young for that?

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Seriously?! One year deal candidate or is he too talented and young for that?

Nah, he's too old and too injured at this point of his career to get a real contract. Especially given his last two years. 

Definitely a one year deal guy. 

• Like 1